Table of contents:
Video: What Solutions To Fight Against Humidity In Your Home?
In France, it is humidity which is the problem №1 of housing … In addition to being worrying from an aesthetic point of view, this situation presents significant health risks, which can cause respiratory problems (bronchitis, asthma, rhinitis etc.). Living in a habitat that is too humid can have serious repercussions on the health of both young and old. This is why it is important to maintain your home and ensure that it is safe. But how do you fight against humidity and can it be driven out once it is installed?
How to fight against humidity: do not neglect the cleaning box
One in two homes is unusually humid. This worrying statistic raises the question of the quality of housing in France but also of the owners' responsibility for the health of their loved ones. Indeed, combating humidity in an unhealthy habitat is not an easy task, but solutions exist. For example, suitable cleaning remains, among other things, the major issue to prevent the appearance of mold. Likewise, carrying out renovation work is simply essential to eliminate the causes of humidity. Whatever the case, trusting a professional to clean unsanitary accommodation guarantees impeccable results while saving you a lot of time and headaches.
Moisture causes many physical problems
In addition to the negative health effects, mold growth in the home also triggers many physical problems. For example, moisture infiltration can: damage a home, causing it to degrade more quickly; as well as peeling and peeling the wallpapers, tapestries and paint that are subjected to it. Warning: beams, wooden supports as well as thermal insulation are also affected and can rot, which means that a damp home could become dangerous. If there is one thing you can do to avoid the bad scenario, it is to entrust the cleaning of a dirty and unhealthy home to a team of professionals. This can go a long way in detecting traces of mold in good time, and therefore, suggest the need for immediate action.
What solutions to fight against humidity already installed in your home?
If you have humidity problems in your home, you need to act right away. When it comes to the health of your family, it is essential to take all possible measures to prevent this "plague" from invading the whole house, making it a trap. Here are some tips to fight against humidity in your home and enjoy a healthy habitat.
• The basic act is to ventilate every room in the house. It is enough to open the windows wide for about fifteen minutes each day;
• Regularly check the waterproofing of the house;
• Cultivate indoor plants that absorb moisture;
• Dry your laundry outside or in a well ventilated place;
• Watch for the appearance of traces of humidity at the bottom of the walls (capillary rise): this phenomenon can be really serious because it damages the walls;
• If good natural ventilation is not possible, an air dehumidifier will do the trick;
• A well-insulated house is important, but too much insulation will become, too or late, a source of humidity.