Table of contents:
If your home is not connected to the natural gas network, you are probably getting propane gas, either bottled or tanked. This accessible energy solution is enjoying growing interest, given its cheaper cost than electricity and its multi-purpose nature, suitable for cooking, heating and domestic hot water. It should be noted, however, that propane suppliers in the market are all free to set their own costs. And as the price differences are sometimes very large, a customer may be forced to change gas supplier. Need to know how to change propane gas supplier in a tank? We explain …
How to change the supplier of propane gas in a tank and what costs are associated with it?
Changing the supplier of propane gas in a tank is usually quick and easy. Apart from the final invoice sent by the old gas distributor, the customer will not have to pay any other charges. The new supplier will take care of everything. On the other hand, in the event of termination of the contract, it is the customer who must take care of the formalities and the significant costs. But before signing a new contract with a new propane company, in order to avoid any possible disappointment, it is very important to check the parameters offered by the distributor. These include:
• Prices - Depending on the supplier, the price of propane gas may vary depending on the duration of the commitment, annual propane gas consumption, the location of the customer's accommodation, the choice of delivery etc.;
• Tank costs - In addition to the price of propane gas, there are costs to install the tank, regular maintenance and mandatory periodic inspections;
• Type of delivery: automatic or on order;
• Bill payment method: per ton or per kWh via a propane meter;
• Contract: The duration of the engagement is chosen by the client and cannot exceed 5 years. You should know that the longer the duration, the more the price is reduced.
Some useful details to know
1. During the contract, there is always the possibility of changing the gas supplier in the tank, but you have to be prepared for significant costs, and in particular for early termination penalties. These costs must be indicated in the contract and, before signing, the customer can check all the details that interest him.
2. As for the tank, the purchase of it allows more flexibility by significantly reducing the duration of engagement. In addition, by changing supplier, the customer can fill his gas tank with a new propane company offering him advantageous rates. This also eliminates the contract termination fee, as there will be no need to remove the tank from the accommodation.
3. Anyone who is wondering how to change supplier of propane gas to tank, should know that it also depends on whether one is the owner of the home or a tenant. The owner is the one who signs the contract, and therefore, is free to change supplier if he wishes. The tenant, for his part, cannot claim a change, but simply propose it to his owner.