Table of contents:
Video: How To Renovate Your Bathroom: 5 Essential Steps To Consider
Truth be told, renovating your bathroom is no easy feat and shouldn't be taken lightly. Renovating doesn't just cost money: everyone dreams of having a nice, made-to-measure home, where every corner has been specially designed and imagined to satisfy their tastes and meet their needs, therefore, the effort and the time to devote to it are also an investment no less important. To be successful with a light renovation operation, having good taste is a good start and, in many cases, even gives excellent results. A complete renovation, on the other hand, consists in modifying the space in depth and therefore requires the use of a certified professional. Either way, good planning pays off.
Renovating your bathroom: when to call in a professional?
In the case of a light bathroom renovation, there is no need to have interior design training to redesign your bathroom and give it a new identity. It is possible to rearrange and redecorate your space by carrying out only a few small renovations and refreshments. On the other hand, those who wish to completely renovate their bathroom should necessarily call upon qualified craftsmen who will be able to guarantee: the safe installation of electrical equipment; the possible modification of the circulation space; insulation and so on.
Successful partial bathroom renovation: where to start?
1. As a general rule, partially renovating a bathroom is a task whose primary objective is to bring an outdated bathroom up to date or to replace existing equipment with more modern and compact equipment. In this vein, we can swap the bathtub for a shower space, or join the two to make a joint bath / shower space. In fact, this approach works just as well in small bathrooms as in large ones. New generation equipment makes it possible to imagine and furnish an airy, functional and modern bathroom. Among the interesting proposals the following stand out: wall-mounted vanity unit, wall-hung toilet bowl, wall-mounted storage columns, electronic taps, extra-flat shower trays, etc.
2. To revamp your bathroom, it is inadmissible to neglect the question of changing the old tiling by a new one or by a “state of the art” floor covering, for example: porcelain stoneware, cement tiles, waxed concrete or wood.. The mosaic, for its part, invites itself readily in the contemporary bathroom by bringing a great boost of sparkle and style.
3. The next important point to consider when renovating a bathroom is painting the walls and ceiling. In addition to looking for ideas on colors, it is necessary, before anything else, to look for something suitable, such as moisture-repellent or mold-repellent paint. For your information, acrylic bathroom paint is the most suitable for repainting a powder room. Practical, resistant and above all super suitable, it gives excellent results.
4. Painting can add brightness to the bathroom, which is actually the next renovation step to pay attention to. For lack of windows or lack of sufficient light, lighting takes on all its importance. Spotlights, wall lights, ceiling lights or recessed LEDs are readily available in the bathroom to put the finishing touch to its decor.
5. Obvious to some, much less to others - interior renovation inevitably involves decoration, however simple and minimal it may be. If it's a small bathroom, the winning approach to not overloading the space is to bet on practical and decorative items at the same time. With this in mind, choosing to install a wall mirror, place a pot of green plants or a vase filled with freshly picked flowers on the window sill and hang colorful towels, we kill two birds with one stone.