Table of contents:
- Turkey stuffed with chestnuts recipe
- Turkey stuffed with mushrooms: a recipe suitable for novices
- Turkey stuffed with apples and herbs
- Recipe for turkey stuffed with foie gras
- Turkey stuffed with dried fruits
Video: Stuffed Turkey: Top 5 Most Preferred Recipes
Are you already thinking about the Christmas menu? If your answer is yes, you have come to the right place because today the editorial staff of Deavita.fr are preparing five of the most popular stuffed turkey recipes! Whether it is a stuffing with chestnuts, mushrooms, apples, foie gras or dried fruits… it's up to you to choose the variant that you like best.
Turkey stuffed with chestnuts recipe
Yes, DIY with chestnuts is great but have you tried incorporating them into your meals to enjoy an extraordinary flavor? So go ahead and concoct a turkey stuffed with chestnuts to amaze your loved ones for dinner. Here are the necessary ingredients:
• 450 gr of chestnuts
• 2 cups of butter
• 2 cups of chopped onion
• 2 cups of chopped celery
• 10 cups of dry breadcrumbs
• 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon of dried marjoram
• 1 teaspoon of dried savory
• 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
• 1 turkey of about 5 kg
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Take a sharp knife cut a cross on the flat side of each chestnut. Then place them in a saucepan filled with water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and remove the shells as well as the inner brown skins. Cover with cool water and boil for 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and roughly chop.
2. To prepare the stuffing, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Then add the onions and celery and cook until tender. Add the breadcrumbs and chestnuts and mix. Season with thyme, marjoram, savory and rosemary.
3. Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
4. Wash the turkey in cold water and dry lightly. Rub salt and pepper into the cavities of the turkey and pour the stuffing into them. Sew the opening and place the turkey on the rack of a roasting pan.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 3 ½ - 4 ½ hours until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 80 ° C and that of the stuffing - 75 ° C. Remove, place on a plate and leave for 20 minutes.
Turkey stuffed with mushrooms: a recipe suitable for novices
Is this your first time preparing a stuffed turkey? No problem ! Opt for our recipe suitable for novices in the kitchen. Start by getting the following ingredients:
• 3 ½ cups chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon dried, crushed basil leaves
• 1 teaspoon dried, crushed thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 stalk of celery, coarsely chopped (about ½ cup)
• 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (about ¼ cup)
• ½ cup sliced mushrooms
• 4 cups turkey stuffing mix
• 1 turkey
1. In a medium bowl, combine the following ingredients: 1 ¾ cup broth, lemon juice, basil, thyme and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
2. In a saucepan, heat the remaining broth and black pepper as well as the celery, onion and mushrooms. Then bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the stuffing and mix lightly.
3. Prepare the turkey by removing the giblets and rinsing it in cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel. Then pour the stuffing into the body cavities. Tie the thighs well.
4. Place the turkey, breast side up, on the rack of a shallow roasting pan. Spray the turkey with cooking spray and brush with the broth mixture. Fix the meat thermometer in the thickest part without touching the bone.
5. Bake at 162 ° C for 3 ½ up to 4 hours. Brush from time to time with the broth mixture. Remove and set aside 10 minutes before slicing. Serve your stuffed turkey with cooked or steamed vegetables.
Turkey stuffed with apples and herbs
Professional or novice in the culinary art, everyone knows that cultivating aromatic plants in their kitchen is a perfect solution to bring a touch of freshness to dishes. And in our following recipe, we encourage you to make a turkey stuffed with apples and flavored with herbs! Here are the ingredients you will need:
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 turkey
• 1 medium apple, quartered
• 1 medium onion, halved
• 1 celery stalk, halved
• 1/2 cup butter melted
• 1/2 cup apple jelly, warmed
1. Combine sage with rosemary. Rub the herbal mixture under the skin of the turkey.
2. Place the turkey, breast side up, on the rack of a roasting tin. Stuff with apple, onion and celery jelly. Brush with butter.
3. Bake at 160 ° C until the thermometer indicates your stuffed turkey is ready. Brush with apple jelly. Cover and leave for 15 minutes before slicing.
Recipe for turkey stuffed with foie gras
Ingredients for the stuffed turkey:
• 1 turkey
• 400 g of foie gras
• 2 cubes of chicken broth
• 200 g of sausage meat
• 100 g of fresh mushrooms
• 1 large chopped shallot
• 3 ml of Armagnac
Ingredients for the creamy sauce:
• 200 ml of cream
• 50 g of foie gras
Preparation of the turkey stuffed with foie gras:
1. Cook the shallot and mushrooms in a little butter, for 5-6 minutes, stirring. Remove from the heat. Cut 2 large slices from the foie gras and leave them aside. Pour the remaining amount into a food processor and add the sausage meat as well as the mushrooms and shallots. Add salt and pepper. Mix. The turkey stuffing is ready!
2. Gently lift the skin from the turkey with a sharp knife and place the pieces of foie gras between the flesh and the skin. Then fill with stuffing and sew the openings using kitchen thread.
3. Fill half a large pot with water. Add the chicken broth cubes, bring to a boil and cook the stuffed turkey for 30 minutes. Then transfer it to a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 1h30 to 2 hours, brushing with Armagnac so that the meat does not dry out.
Preparation of the creamy sauce:
Pour 2-3 ladles of the juice formed by cooking the turkey in a saucepan over high heat and let reduce by half. Lower the heat and let simmer. Cut the foie gras into small cubes. Pour the cream while whisking, and once the preparation is hot, add the foie gras. Mix. Cook for 3-5 minutes, remove and serve the creamy sauce with the turkey.
Turkey stuffed with dried fruits
Making dried fruits at home is an ideal way to have a real powerhouse of health benefits close at hand! Eaten as is or incorporated into various recipes, dried fruits guarantee a unique flavor! And in this vein, we suggest you prepare a stuffed turkey with dried fruits that will delight the taste buds of your loved ones. Here are the necessary ingredients:
• 5 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
• 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
• 1/3 cup dried cranberries
• 3/4 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
• 400 gr cornbread stuffing
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 - 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
• 1 turkey
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ° C and prepare a roasting tin with a wire rack.
2. To prepare the stuffing, first heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add the dried fruit and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes. Pour in the poultry seasoning.
3. Place the cornbread stuffing in a large bowl and pour in the preparation from the previous step. Add the sage, pepper and stir well. Gradually stir in the broth until the bread cubes are moist but not soggy. Add more broth, if necessary.
4. To prepare the turkey, first remove the giblets and neck, lift it up, and soak up the water with paper towels. Then pour the stuffing into the cavities, sew the openings and tie the thighs with food twine. Place the turkey on the prepared dish, breast side down, and brush with 3 tablespoons of oil. Fix the meat thermometer in the thickest part without touching the bone. Loosely cover with aluminum foil and put in the oven. After an hour and a half, sprinkle with the cooking juices and continue to do so every 30 minutes. During the last 30-60 minutes of roasting, remove the foil. The internal temperature should be 70 ° C.
5. Transfer the stuffed turkey to a cutting board. Cover lightly with foil and let stand 20 minutes before carving.