Table of contents:
- Kindergarten spring decor: heart-style paper flowers for a colorful interior
- Making arums to celebrate sunny days: a manual spring activity for the little ones
- Kindergarten spring manual activity: flowers made from an egg carton
- Bewitching decorating flower pots as a spring activity for kindergarten children
- The kindergarten spring decor cannot be without cherry blossoms
- How to create butterflies with kindergarten children to perfect the spring decor?
- Kindergarten spring activity with pasta: colorful butterflies to liven up the wall decoration
Video: Kindergarten Spring Decor: 7 Ingenious DIY Ideas
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
Do-it-yourself spring decor ideas are undoubtedly endless. Ditto for the materials to be used: paper, cans and plastic bottles to recycle and so on. But when toddlers participate, spring activities are even more fun and full of energy. So, in the current article, we offer you a collection of DIY spring nursery decor projects to do with toddlers to bring a fresh touch to your interior.
Kindergarten spring decor: heart-style paper flowers for a colorful interior
Indispensable for the do-it-yourself spring decor, paper flowers do not lose their beauty and are therefore perfect to adorn our homes until summer arrives. What's more, kindergarten kids love to make them! So, in order for them to create a pretty bouquet in vibrant colors, here are the materials needed:
- Various scrapbooking paper
- Green paper straws
- Heart puncher
- Single hole hand hammer
Photo credit: Firefliesandmudpies.com
Use the heart hole punch to create flowers from the various scrapbook paper designs. Then, poke a hole at the bottom of each heart using the hand punch. Finally, all you have to do is thread the hearts on the paper straws to create pretty colorful flowers. Arrange these in a mason jar and your first spring decoration is ready!
Making arums to celebrate sunny days: a manual spring activity for the little ones
Transforming paper plates into pretty arum flowers is not only an ideal nursery spring decor idea but also turns out to be a DIY gift for Mother's Day. So, for their realization, the children will need paper plates, green paper straws, yellow chenille threads, a hot glue gun and paint. As for the latter, get yourself different colors for a more attractive effect. And now it's time to DIY our next kindergarten spring decor idea!
First paint the plates on both sides with the chosen colors and let dry well. Toddlers will definitely love this first step. Then shape the arums by bringing together the lower parts of the plate. Once the desired shape is obtained, glue the straw as shown above. Then fold and glue the two lower ends of the plate. Finally, cut out the chenille threads and stuff the pieces into each straw to create the flower spadices. If desired, tie the bouquet with a pretty ribbon and place it in a vase to freshen up the interior!
Kindergarten spring manual activity: flowers made from an egg carton
While we're at it, let's take a look at a third and final kindergarten spring decor idea that glorifies flowers. In addition to housing your decorated Easter eggs, the egg box can also give birth to many creative and fun DIY projects. But back to the idea that we are studying. As a bonus, cut out the box so that you have four nests and cut around the edges to give them a round shape reminiscent of flower petals. Then - room for creativity!
Image credit: Iheartartsncrafts.com
Pour acrylic paint into a disposable plate and encourage your toddler's imagination by giving them the chance to paint their own flowers. In terms of colors, we advise you to favor pink, purple, yellow, orange. After the paint has dried, glue a paper straw to the back side of the flower to form the stem. Finally, glue a pompom in the center and voila!
Bewitching decorating flower pots as a spring activity for kindergarten children
Here is a fun alternative to traditional Easter chicks that is out of the ordinary to give us a fresh and bright spring decoration. And here is the list of materials needed:
- Mini terracotta pots
- Hot glue gun
- Card stock
- Movable eyes (optional)
Image credit: Redtedart.com
1. Let the toddlers paint the mini pots. Favor vibrant colors such as yellow, orange, light blue. Then let the paint dry well.
2. Using the hot glue gun, glue the feathers as shown in the pictures above.
3. Draw the eyes in black paint. Feel free to add wiggly eyes, kids love them.
4. Cut a diamond-shaped piece from the card stock and fold in half to make a beak. Glue this one just above the eyes.
5. Finally, all you have to do is plant your favorite plants and even children can participate. An impeccable home decor option, succulents and cacti will bring a natural touch to your home.
To learn more about caring for and watering cacti and succulents, please click on the link provided.
The kindergarten spring decor cannot be without cherry blossoms
Why not make a creative windsock with the children to hang up to brighten up the festive decor? Super easy to do, this DIY project will be particularly appreciated by girls. And here are the materials needed:
- Blue and Pink Cardstock
- Brown paint
- Pink crepe paper
- Glue stick
1. Pour a little brown paint on a cardboard plate. Take the paintbrush and draw the branches of the cherry tree on the blue card stock. Let it dry completely.
2. Turn the box over. Cut out six pieces of crepe paper that are 45-60 cm long. Glue the strips to the card stock as shown in the last image above.
Image credit: Iheartcraftythings.com
3. Next, cut several squares in the crepe paper and rub them to create cherry blossoms. Apply glue to the drawn branches and glue the pieces of paper to them.
4. Then connect the ends to form a circle and secure them with the stapler.
5. Finally, cut a strip from the pink card stock and glue it as shown in the example above to create the grip of your windsock.
How to create butterflies with kindergarten children to perfect the spring decor?
Japanese washi tape tape comes to the rescue to help you make super cute butterflies. So, start by cutting a sheet of white cardboard into quarters. Then give the kids the task of decorating the washi tape pieces. Take into account that each piece of white paper will turn into a pretty butterfly.
There are two options of shaping the pieces into the shape of butterfly wings: using a chisel or a heart punch. Finally, glue a wooden stick in the middle, decorating it with wiggly eyes and chenille threads as antennae. Draw smiles and have butterflies all over your home! Your kindergarten spring decor is ready to fascinate your guests.
Kindergarten spring activity with pasta: colorful butterflies to liven up the wall decoration
Image credit: Craftymorning.com
Open to many interpretations, pasta is more and more often used in manual spring activities and with good reason! No matter their age, children love to create fascinating projects with this little food item. Ready in less than 10 minutes, butterflies require the following materials:
- Chalk markers
- Black felt pen
- White card stock
- Farfalle type pasta
First color the pasta using the chalk markers and let dry. These colorful pieces will play the role of butterflies. Glue them on the white cardboard and use the black felt to draw the antennas. Finally, carefully cut some pasta in half, color them green and glue them on the paper to recreate the grass. Hang the masterpiece on the wall or in the fridge to brighten up your interior decor.