Table of contents:
- Why do you need to do a skin detox?
- How to detoxify your skin and benefit from a radiant complexion?
- DIY detox mask ideas to better prepare your skin for spring
- Preparing your skin for spring is essential to benefit from a radiant complexion
Video: Skin Detox Or How To Prepare Your Skin For Spring
The start of spring is the perfect time to start the skin detox operation! Eliminating toxins, contributing to cell renewal, stimulating hydration and purifying the pores: these are the spectacular benefits of this type of facial treatment which guarantees smooth, flawless skin. So, how exactly do you do it and what routine should you adopt? Can we achieve skin detoxification through a suitable diet? Our editorial staff will answer all questions related to this method of cleansing the skin and will also give you some DIY ideas for detox masks. Follow us.
Why do you need to do a skin detox?
Did you know that specialists advise to perform a skin detox at the start of spring and fall? But what are the reasons? A rejuvenation cure for the epidermis, the detox aims not only to remove toxins but also to prepare the skin for the arrival of the new season so that it can better adapt to weather changes as well as to new ones. cosmetic products that you would like to test. In short, this treatment purifies the skin while restoring radiance and suppleness.
However, considering the stressful daily life and the air pollution, you can perform a skin detox once a week to remove all the impurities, toxins, pollutants and dead cells from the face. In addition, it is better to detoxify your skin at night.
For your information, in recent years, detoxification has become a wellness trend that continues to appeal to healthy lifestyle enthusiasts around the world. Whether it's a detox juice or a suitable diet, this healthy method helps the body to eliminate toxins and get rid of bloated tummies. But how about a detoxification of the largest organ in the body? So, let's take a look at the steps to follow as well as some basic rules to remember to renew and revitalize your skin!
How to detoxify your skin and benefit from a radiant complexion?
1. Proper cleansing of the skin before any procedure is one of the most important rules to remember. Indeed, this essential step must be carried out in the morning and in the evening in order to better eliminate impurities, sebum and cosmetic products. This way, the treatment you are going to use later will penetrate the pores more easily, which guarantees better effectiveness. So, apply a small amount of your cleansing foam / gel on your fingers and gently massage the wet face for at least 30 seconds. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
2. The second step is to perform an exfoliation: one of the most effective and easiest methods to do at home which eliminates dead cells that accumulate on the skin surface. Choose a product that suits your skin type and follow the directions on the label.
3. Applying a tonic lotion all over the face removes excess sebum and lowers the skin's pH to prepare it for a deeper treatment. Choose an alcohol-free product that suits your skin and let it penetrate well before proceeding to the next phase.
4. Known to open pores, make them more receptive to treatments and to make the skin appear softer and healthier, the facial sauna gives instant results. So, bring a pot of water to a boil and then transfer the liquid to a bowl. Add 6-10 drops of essential oil of lavender or geranium. Lay your head on top of the bowl, cover it with a towel and enjoy the effects of the heat for 10-15 minutes. The steam will relax the pores, which will make the oils much more effective. Then absorb the moisture with a clean towel.
5. After the sauna it is time to apply a face mask depending on your skin type. Purifying, antibacterial, moisturizing, soothing… there are options for every skin problem. Or why not concoct a mask specially designed for skin detox? We will give you some ideas below in our article.
6. Finally, apply a moisturizer according to the needs of your skin and that's it! Consider incorporating a face serum into your routine, as they have ultra nourishing properties.
Here are the steps to follow to perform a successful skin detox. And as mentioned above, it can be done not only at the start of spring and autumn but also once a week. This deep cleansing allows you to enjoy revitalized skin, especially in spring.
Lemon skin detox: how does it work?
Rich in vitamin C, lemon is a powerful antioxidant that helps us strengthen our immune system, purify our body and lose weight. Everyone decides how to incorporate this star fruit into their diet. However, this citrus fruit with multiple virtues, and more particularly its juice, is a faithful ally of the skin detox. Many bloggers testify that drinking lemon water in the morning works miracles for the skin. And the results are visible after a week! What if a single lemon was the key to beautiful, purified and glowing skin?
Tobacco skin detox
Tobacco is not only harmful to the lungs and general health, but also has a harmful effect on the skin. Did you know that a single cigarette is capable of decreasing blood circulation for 90 minutes? Yes, it is too long. During this time, this reduction in blood flow damages collagen and elastin - the two key proteins that contribute to the health and youthfulness of the skin's surface. What's more, smoking stimulates the premature appearance of wrinkles. You do not smoke but are exposed to cigarette smoke? So, did you know that it occupies the second place (after sun exposure) of the main causes of premature aging? Here is why, a skin detox is so necessary.
In this case, moreover, the skin could be difficult to revitalize. Be stubborn and consistent in the care of the face and the results will not be long. As a bonus, it is essential to quit smoking. It will take about a month for the beneficial effects on the skin to be visible. To strengthen its healing, it is also necessary to adopt a new diet as well as sports training. The latter can guide blood to the surface of the dermis and stimulate the replenishment of capillaries. Power supply side - in the next paragraph!
Skin detox diet
It is not by chance when we say that beauty comes from the plate or that it comes from within. Eating a healthy and well-balanced diet is the easiest and most natural way to achieve a shiny complexion, silky hair and strong nails. So go ahead and opt for a skin detox diet favoring alkaline fruits and vegetables such as pears, broccoli, kale, watermelon and bananas. The alkaline minerals (calcium, magnesium and potassium) strengthen the skin, hair, bones and teeth. Also opt for healthy fats such as avocado and walnuts. To learn more, please take a look at our article on great skin foods.
On the other hand, avoid the consumption of alcohol and caffeine which tend to dehydrate the skin. During your skin detox, you should also avoid dairy products, fried foods and added sugar because they clog the pores and dull the complexion. Remember to drink plenty of water every day!
DIY detox mask ideas to better prepare your skin for spring
The benefits of clay for general health are known and appreciated around the world. This precious ingredient has the ability to deeply purify the skin and absorb toxins. That's why it fits in many face masks. So, to concoct our first recipe, mix two tablespoons of bentonite or kaolinite clay with a teaspoon of dry coffee grounds. Add about 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar (pay attention to the sensitivity of your skin) and mix to obtain a paste. Spread on the face, let it dry and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
The following skin detox mask has a moisturizing effect, eliminates impurities and soothes rashes and irritation. Combine 2 tbsp. of bentonite clay with 1 tbsp. coconut oil and ½ tsp. of honey. Apply to the face, leave on for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
Our latest proposal represents a powerful cleanser: his majesty the charcoal mask! So, combine the following ingredients and apply to the face: ¼ tsp. of activated carbon, 1 tsp. of bentonite clay, 1 tsp. of witch hazel and ½ tsp. of honey. If desired, add essential oils such as lavender and tea tree. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse well with lukewarm water.
Preparing your skin for spring is essential to benefit from a radiant complexion
In short, skin detox is essential to prepare your skin for spring and also to enjoy a smooth and radiant complexion all year round. Follow the instructions we gave you above and don't forget to exfoliate and moisturize your skin well. Sun protection for the face and hair is not to be neglected at all!