Table of contents:
- How to make ornamental cardboard eggs to complete the Easter decor?
- How to make papier-mâché Easter eggs?
- Pretty creative eggs to polish up the Easter decor
- How to make tissue paper Easter eggs sprinkled with glitter?
- Tissue paper eggs to make in no time
- Easter crafts: colorful paper eggs for an impeccable decor
- DIY Easter egg in crepe paper
Video: Paper Easter Eggs: Six Colorful DIY Ideas
The decoration of Easter eggs deserves special attention! Young and old alike show imagination and creativity in order to create a spectacular design worthy of envy. Feathers, rhinestones, felt… countless small decorative objects are included in DIY projects to transform eggs into fabulous creations. But today, we're bringing you a more different and fun approach that your kids will definitely enjoy! So, let's see how to make paper Easter eggs and thus master the festive decoration in April!
How to make ornamental cardboard eggs to complete the Easter decor?
There are literally endless possibilities for Easter decorating ideas! And if you are fed up with always stumbling upon the same concepts, the editorial staff of Deavita.fr presents a miraculous and easy-to-recreate project: cardboard Easter eggs to hang! Cool, isn't it? So, don't delay any longer and check out the list of necessary materials below:
- Decorative paper (various colors and patterns)
- Crafter's tape
- Wool thread
- Colorful decorative beads
First cut egg-shaped pieces from the decorative paper, taking into account that four pieces will be needed for the creation of an ornament. Then fold each piece in half lengthwise. Take four pieces and assemble an ornament using crafter's tape following the instructions above. Do the same with the remaining pieces.
Photo credit: Thelifeofjenniferdawn.com
Cut some yarn and tie the two ends together. Then thread a decorative bead and move it towards the knot. Secure the wool with the adhesive tape as shown in the example above. Finally, add another bead on the upper part and hang your paper Easter eggs!
How to make papier-mâché Easter eggs?
Photo credit: Firstpalette.com
Making a papier-mâché Easter egg gives you the opportunity to create a personalized decoration that is out of the ordinary. But how exactly do you concoct the dough also known as papier-mâché glue? This is because the preparation method is very easy and only requires ingredients that you already have in your kitchen. Here they are:
1. Combine a cup of flour with a cup of water.
2. Mix well to obtain a smooth paste.
3. Then add a little salt to prevent mold growth.
4. Continue to mix until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous paste.
There you have it, nothing complicated! So, after taking you through the ultimate dough recipe, let's get down to the basics and find out how to just make Easter eggs using papier mache.
Pretty creative eggs to polish up the Easter decor
Do-it-yourself Easter decoration is a very fun family activity that stimulates the creativity of children! And in this context, discover our first idea of papier-mâché Easter eggs that allow all the daring. So, here is the material to get:
- Decorative paper of your choice or recycled paper
- Paper mache paste (recipe above)
- Acrylic paint
- Decorations of your choice
1. Inflate a balloon to the desired size and tie.
2. Next, create a first layer of papier mache. To do this, dip pieces of paper in the paste and then carefully apply them to the balloon. Here you can use recycled paper.
3. Then proceed with the creation of the second layer by following the same instructions but this time, use decorative paper. If necessary, use the brush for applying the paste.
4. Let the papier-mâché Passover egg dry completely by placing it on a paper cup. Take into account that this process will take at least a day.
Image credit: Firstpalette.com
5. You can decorate the papier-mâché Easter egg while it is drying or after. One of the easiest options is to cut out differently shaped pieces from decorative paper. Secure your decorative items with a brush stroke and paste.
6. Once the egg is completely dry, detonate the balloon using a pin. Carefully remove it.
7. Cover the hole with two layers of paper mache, washi tape, or another type of decorative piece of your choice.
8. Once everything is dry, spray two coats of acrylic topcoat and your papier-mâché Easter eggs are ready!
How to make tissue paper Easter eggs sprinkled with glitter?
Thanks to its wide variety of colors and easy handling, tissue paper is a must-have for many DIY projects. And the decoration of Easter eggs is no exception! So, to recreate our next idea, you will need fake eggs and the papier mache ones are the perfect option. To make them, take a look at the recipe we just provided you above. Make as many papier-mâché Easter eggs as you want to decorate. Take into account that this DIY project is very suitable for children so feel free to include them. And here are the other materials needed:
- High quality tissue paper in different colors
- Mod Podge
- Spray adhesive
Tutorial credit: Hellowonderful.co
First, take the tissue paper and cut square pieces. Next, pour Mod Podge into a plastic bowl. Dip your fingers in it and spread the preparation over the papier-mâché eggs. Then add the tissue paper and “seal” with Mod Podge. Do not hesitate to mix different shades of the same color to achieve an attractive effect.
When your eggs are completely dry, spray with adhesive spray and sprinkle with glitter, then shaking off excess. If desired, flip the egg and repeat the same process. If not, keep one side glittered and the other side covered with tissue paper. It's up to you to choose your favorite design.
Tissue paper eggs to make in no time
Need a festive decoration ready in no time? So here is another brilliant idea glorifying tissue paper Easter eggs which require a maximum of 30 minutes to make! Since you already know how to make papier-mâché eggs (also available in artisan shops), all you have to do is decorate them with pretty, vibrant colors.
So, a brush and spread a small amount of Mod Podge on the egg. Then, place pieces of tissue paper on it by pressing them with the brush. Continue until the egg is completely covered with foil. Let your creations dry well before using them for decoration.
Easter crafts: colorful paper eggs for an impeccable decor
Are you one of the overwhelmed parents and need a quick and easy festive craft idea? No problem, you've come to the right place! So, the paper Easter eggs that we are presenting to you only require a few materials and about 30 minutes of your precious time. Obtain card stock in different colors and cut out egg-shaped pieces.
Image credit: Littlemisscelebration.com
Then fold each of the pieces in half lengthwise and start gluing them together as in the first tutorial of our article. To achieve such a 3D effect, you will need several pieces of paper so don't delay and roll up your sleeves! Finally, complete the look with the help of a ribbon on top.
DIY Easter egg in crepe paper
Bring a soft and romantic touch to your Easter decoration by making crepe paper eggs reminiscent of small roses. To do this, first get some plastic eggs, crepe paper, and hot glue. To create the roses, cut pieces of paper, twist them, and roll each one on its side.
Photo credit: U-createcrafts.com
Then take the hot glue gun and start attaching the pieces of crepe paper by rolling them up to create roses. Continue until the egg is covered with small roses. It's time to let your creativity and your imagination do the talking and make some pretty extraordinary designs worthy of an unparalleled Easter decoration!