Table of contents:
- How to prepare a delicious matcha green tea latte to start the day with a refreshing kick?
- Recipes with matcha tea: a keto smoothie bowl for a boost
- Healthy matcha green tea, blueberry and kale smoothie bowl
- Chia pudding with matcha tea: a variation that will delight your taste bud
- Recipe ideas with matcha tea: how to prepare a hummus?
- Matcha tea waffles for a breakfast that's out of the ordinary
- Vegan buttercream with matcha tea
- Soft matcha and lemon muffins
Video: Recipes With Matcha Tea: 8 Healthy Ideas To Try
After having presented you with a complete decryption of matcha green tea, today we will focus on the dishes to prepare with this miracle powder. With a vibrant green color and packed with many health benefits, matcha sparked a real craze and quickly became the “must have” ingredient for leading a healthy and zen life! But which recipes with matcha tea can you prepare?
How to prepare a delicious matcha green tea latte to start the day with a refreshing kick?
One of the many virtues of matcha is to boost energy and this is why a large number of bloggers have decided to favor it in the morning and to say "goodbye" to coffee. And nothing like a good cup of matcha latte to sip at dawn. You could prepare it either cold or hot. And here are the necessary ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of matcha green tea
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of hot water
- 250 ml of cold milk or 300 ml of hot milk
1. Mix the matcha tea with the sugar in a cup.
2. Then add the hot water and mix with a spoon until you get a smooth dark green paste.
3. Heat the milk in a saucepan and then pour the liquid into the cup until it is full. If you prefer your frozen latte, simply use the cold milk.
4. Mix well with a whisk until you obtain a velvety and light green preparation.
5. If desired, sprinkle some matcha green tea powder or add ice for an extra cold iced latte.
Recipes with matcha tea: a keto smoothie bowl for a boost
Having been all the rage in recent years, the ketogenic diet is low in carbs and high in fat. There are plenty of foods to incorporate into your keto menu, and matcha green tea is no exception. And in this vein, we offer you another of our recipes with matcha tea to concoct a healthy and delicious breakfast to start the day with a boost: his majesty the keto smoothie bowl! To prepare it you will need the following ingredients:
- 220 gr of coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of dried goji berries
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa beans
- 1 teaspoon of powdered matcha green tea
- Natural sweetener of choice
Combine the yogurt with the matcha tea, then add the sweetener to it and transfer the preparation to a bowl. Finally, sprinkle with chia seeds, dried goji berries, coconut flakes and cocoa beans. Enjoy! Need more recipes with matcha tea? Follow us !
Healthy matcha green tea, blueberry and kale smoothie bowl
While we're at it, let's take another look at a healthy smoothie bowl idea where matcha green makes the difference. And here are the ingredients needed for 2 servings:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- 1 green pear or 1 green apple
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 large leaf of kale
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- The juice of an orange
- 1 teaspoon of powdered matcha green tea
- 1 cup of water
- Coconut flakes
- Dried goji berries
Blend all the ingredients, except the chia seeds and the topping, in your blender until you get a thick and smooth texture. Then pour the smoothie into a bowl and add the chia seeds. Leave aside for a few minutes. Finally, divide into two bowls, add the toppings and serve!
Chia pudding with matcha tea: a variation that will delight your taste bud
Preparing one of the many gourmet chia pudding recipes is a great way to keep you going until lunchtime. But have you tried incorporating some matcha green tea into it? If your answer is no, we encourage you to take the plunge. Here are the ingredients needed for two servings:
- 1 cup of vegetable milk
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon of matcha tea
- 50 gr of chia seeds
- Seasonal fruits
- Cocoa beans
- Maple syrup
- Roasted buckwheat seeds
Pour the milk, maple syrup, chia seeds and matcha tea into a container with a lid (such as a jar). Then shake vigorously to mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes and shake again so that the seeds do not stick. Let stand for about 1 hour 30 minutes before serving or overnight.
Once the pudding is ready to eat, sprinkle your favorite toppings and / or add a superfood powder of your choice. Matcha tea chia pudding can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Recipe ideas with matcha tea: how to prepare a hummus?
Making a quick hummus is a snap! Moreover, today, we offer you a recipe a little more different but which has everything to please: matcha green tea hummus. To make this dip packed with protein and antioxidants, you will need the necessary ingredients for hummus:
- 3 cups of peeled chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 clove of garlic
- The juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon matcha green tea powder
For the olive oil with matcha:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
For the crackers:
- Pita bread (Lebanese bread), cut into quarters
- Matcha olive oil (recipe above)
Apples, carrots and cucumber
1. Place the chickpeas in your blender and blend until they completely decompose.
2. Add the other ingredients and mix well to obtain a smooth and homogeneous preparation.
3. If necessary, add salt, more lemon juice, tahini or water.
4. Stir in the matcha tea and blend until the hummus turns green.
5. To prepare olive oil for matcha, just mix all the ingredients. Then water your hummus.
6. To prepare the crackers: preheat the oven to 190 ° C. Arrange the pita bread quarters on a baking sheet and brush them with a thin layer of matcha olive oil. Cook for 8-10 minutes until crispy.
Matcha tea waffles for a breakfast that's out of the ordinary
Did you like our keto waffles also known as Chaffles? So, if your answer is yes, we still offer a healthy and gluten-free variation!
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2.5 teaspoons of powdered matcha
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1.25 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
1. First, preheat your waffle iron to low / medium heat.
2. Next, place the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and add the other wet ingredients without the coconut oil. Mix well. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix. Finally, pour in the melted coconut oil and mix until smooth.
4. Pour batter on the preheated waffle iron and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Decorate with your favorite topping and bon appétit!
Vegan buttercream with matcha tea
Are you looking for a healthy and playful idea to decorate your next cake or the cute cupcakes? And why not opt for matcha green tea? Here are the necessary ingredients:
- 113 gr of softened vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ -2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2-4 teaspoon matcha
- 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable milk
Combine the vanilla with the softened butter in a large bowl and blend for 30 seconds. Then gradually add the powdered sugar. Stir in the matcha tea (1 teaspoon at a time) and blend to combine. If you prefer your more thinned buttercream, pour in the vegetable milk and whisk until you get the preferred texture.
Soft matcha and lemon muffins
- 1 + 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 + 1/4 tablespoon powdered Matcha green tea
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon of lemon zest
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, matcha, salt and sugar. Leave aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, egg, oil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and stir until combined.
5. Spray your muffin pan with cooking spray.
6. Distribute the dough evenly among the molds and bake for 15-17 minutes.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack.