Table of contents:
Video: Japanese Manicure: The Miraculous Nail Detox
Do you have brittle and damaged nails? The poor condition of your claws can be caused by various factors, such as the cold, repeated varnish applications or the use of chemicals without wearing gloves. In order to resist all the attacks to which our nails are exposed, they need to leave them to rest from time to time and to offer them special care. Have you heard of the Japanese manicure? This is a nail detox to do at home or in a salon, which aims to nourish the nails and give them a new life. More details in the following paragraphs!
Japanese manicure: what is it?
If your fingernails are in bad shape, now is the time to think about a good “spring cleaning”. Japanese manicure, this new beauty technique, is everything your nails need to regenerate. She starts from the idea that the nails, which are often put to the test, need a detox treatment so that they become beautiful and strong again.
Discovered more than 400 years ago by the Japanese aristocracy, the Japanese manicure is currently enjoying an increasing interest, because it helps to nourish the nails, to revitalize them and to make them shine. The technique is based on the principle of "layering" which consists in multiplying the layers of care, each of which brings benefits. In general, this involves polishing the nails, then making a beeswax paste penetrate them which can be enriched with natural active ingredients (vitamin A, zinc, ceramides, seaweed extracts, green tea, etc. honey, jojoba or ylang-ylang). On top, it is also possible to apply a pearl powder for an even more wow shine effect. The result of the treatment is stunning: the nails return to their initial color, they are crisp and ultra shiny.
What are the steps to perform a Japanese manicure?
1. The first step of the Japanese manicure is reserved for filing. The nails should be cleaned well using the side of the rough polisher. This makes it possible to rid the nail of dead skin which can clog it as well as to smooth the surface. This step also makes it possible to dilate the scales which will facilitate the deep penetration of the nourishing care products.
2. Next, the time has come to apply a specific beeswax-based paste to each nail, which can be enriched with a concentrate of natural active ingredients. The purpose of these is to nourish and strengthen the keratin that makes up the nails.
3. Then, using the less rough side of the polisher, the nourishing paste is penetrated. The nails immediately regain their shine. In addition, the procedure promotes intracellular exchanges and helps activate nail regrowth. This step is of major importance for the realization of the Japanese manicure, therefore, it deserves special attention!
4. Next, the nails are soaked in soapy water to soften the cuticles, which will allow them to be gently removed. Soaking also helps remove skin residue that is at the base of the nail.
5. Now we need to degrease the surface of the nails. This is done using an alcoholic liquid which helps to remove all traces of fat.
6. To finish the procedure, all that remains is to apply a specific pearl-based powder whose role is to fix the shine of the nails.
What results can we expect?
• First of all, it's the incredible shine of the nails (natural and not varnished) from the first practice! The result is so stunning that you might even think that a top coat was applied to the nails. But the benefits of a Japanese manicure don't come down to this. The nails are pinkish and more beautiful, strong and deeply nourished. Their improved health is obvious!
• After a week, the exceptional shine begins to wear off. However, it can be enhanced with a little powder.
• After a month, the detox treatment has its most beautiful effect! No more brittle, damaged and soft nails! The claws no longer break and no longer split. It is advisable to repeat this manicure once a month so that you can enjoy a continuous and reinforced effect.
Nail detox: who is it for?
Nail detox is a treatment that anyone can adopt. The procedure enjoys great interest among both women and men. However, it is absolutely essential for those whose nails are weakened, damaged, split, yellowed or brittle naturally. The procedure is particularly recommended between two poses of gel. In addition to strengthening the most fragile scales, the technique brings unparalleled shine and color to the dullest surfaces. As already mentioned, the Japanese manicure is suitable for everyone including people with healthy nails. Even men are tempted by this revolutionary beauty ritual allowing them to sport clean and perfectly maintained nails.
Japanese manicure: how often?
Depending on the condition of the nails, it is necessary to put them to rest once every two weeks. For the most damaged nails, this rest should be adopted once a week. Ideally, after applying semi-permanent varnish, treat yourself to a Japanese manicure and wait 2 to 3 weeks before going for a new manicure, regardless of whether it is varnish or gel..
Our advice: for long-term effectiveness, we advise you to do a treatment of one session per week for three weeks, then twice a year.
Daily actions to have healthy nails
Having healthy nails is the wish of many women … and men. In order to treat them properly, it is very important to adopt certain basic gestures.
1. First of all, taking breaks between two varnishes is essential to let the nails breathe. If it is a conventional varnish, take breaks at least once every three days. As for semi-permanent varnishes, you can take a two-week break between two manicures.
2. To remove the old varnish, we prefer a soft solvent without acetone.
3. Before painting your nails at home, it is essential to apply a special base to care for and protect the nails on a daily basis.
4. It is very important to choose the nail polish that you buy. Nowadays, it's easier than ever to research the dangerous ingredients in some nail polish and never buy it again.
5. Once a day, consider massaging your cuticles with cuticle oils or moisturizer. You can also brush your fingertips: a gesture that will activate blood circulation.
6. Don't underestimate the importance of a balanced and varied diet for the health of your nails. Eat foods that contain group B vitamins that help promote growth of both nails and hair.
7. Also remember to consume enough foods containing calcium, zinc and iron.
8. Stay hydrated, as dehydration is one of the main causes of brittle nails.
9. Do not hesitate to use natural care to pamper your nails (olive oil, essential oils, baking soda etc.).
10. Give your nails a Japanese manicure that will make them shiny, nourish and strengthen them.