Table of contents:
- How exactly does facial yoga work?
- How often to practice facial yoga?
- What do you need to know before starting facial yoga?
- 4 facial yoga exercises for deep relaxation and supple skin
Video: Facial Yoga To Erase The Signs Of Aging
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
There are many cosmetic procedures that promise a miracle facial treatment to erase the signs of aging and provide flawless skin. However, a question very often passes through the minds of many women: is there an inexpensive way to slow down aging without having to resort to aggressive and very often painful procedures? Yes, there is such a method and it is called facial yoga! And in this article, we explain the essentials about this revolutionary technique.
How exactly does facial yoga work?
Facial yoga is a series of repetitive facial exercises that stimulate facial muscles, which helps tighten the skin and reduce the signs of aging. What's more, this method is also known to activate underworked muscles. But how exactly does it work? So, this type of facial “training” can increase blood circulation and thus promote the lymphatic system. In other words, these movements help the body to push blood, essential nutrients and oxygen to the face as well as to flush out toxins and relieve tension. Thus, these actions encourage the healthy renewal of skin cells and boost the production of important proteins like collagen and elastin responsible for the firm and supple appearance of the skin.
Although this type of facial massage aims to rejuvenate, tone and relax the face, neglecting sun protection is out of the question. On the contrary, it is essential in summer as in winter whatever your age.
How often to practice facial yoga?
Facial yoga experts recommend practicing this holistic approach six times a week, for 20 minutes. Typically, the first results would be visible after two weeks. Two to four months later, you will notice less fine lines and enjoy a healthier, more energetic look. People who practice facial yoga for more than six months report feeling much younger and relaxed.
To practice facial yoga, all you will need is your hands and fingers. Remember that breathing during exercise also plays an important role. Inhale the positive and exhale the negative!
What do you need to know before starting facial yoga?
Before getting to the basics and revealing the techniques to adopt to enjoy supple and firm skin, it is important to first give you some useful tips to remember:
- Make sure you always have clean hands before touching your face.
- Avoid pulling the facial skin aggressively.
- For best results, practice facial yoga for 30 minutes, 4 to 6 times per week.
- Combine facial yoga with cardio training to improve skin tone.
- Apply moisturizing face oil so that your fingers glide easily.
4 facial yoga exercises for deep relaxation and supple skin
And this is how facial yoga works! Now, it's time to get down to the basics and decipher some quick and easy exercises that you can slip into your morning routine without any worries. We will focus on the four areas where the five types of wrinkles mainly appear, namely around the eyes, lips, forehead and neck.
So, to benefit from successful facial yoga, you must first prepare for relaxation. To do this, keep your back straight, lower your chin to the neck and relax all the facial muscles. Wait a few minutes until you feel completely relaxed as if your skin is falling out. Then bring the face back to the starting position. Here ! So, are you ready? Follow us !
1. Using your fingers, gently apply pressure to the lower and outer corners of your eyebrows.
2. Lift your eyes up to the ceiling, squint and relax.
3. Repeat six times.
4. Close your eyes firmly for 10 seconds to complete the exercise.
1. Place your palms on your temples so that your hands cover your cheeks. Next, start moving your hands up and then down to “lift” the sides of the face.
2. Open your mouth in the shape of the letter "O" and hold for 5 seconds.
3. Repeat twice.
1. Place your hands on your forehead and spread your fingers apart.
2. Gently start moving your fingers, while applying light pressure, towards the hair and then bring them back towards the eyebrows.
3. Relax and repeat 10 times in total.
1. Looking straight ahead, cross your hands at the bottom of your neck.
2. Then, with your head tilted back, begin to gently stroke the skin with your fingertips, sliding your hands down.
3. Return your head to the starting position.
4. Repeat twice.
Once the facial yoga exercises are done, finally take a last moment to feel the relaxation. Close your eyes, inhale deeply and exhale. You see that there is nothing complicated. However, in order to better assist you, we have provided a video below where similar techniques are available.