Table of contents:
Video: Light, Varied And Appetizing Aperitif Toast Ideas
A good toast recipe can save you in many situations. Whether they are unexpected guests or just children who want to swap the ordinary breakfast for a piece of crusty bread and accompanied by a range of different toppings, some aperitif toast ideas are always welcome in your cookbook. Now, set aside a few minutes to add our excellent aperitif toast recipes that will be appreciated by your foodie friends as well as by your children.
Miniature avocado aperitif toast ideas
• 1 whole grain baguette, sliced
• 4 ripe avocados
• 1 tbsp. lime juice
• ¼ cup crumbled feta
• ½ cup chopped walnuts
• 2 tbsp. Bagel Everything Seasoning
1. Toast the baguette slices at 180 ° C for 7 minutes or until crispy.
2. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and remove the flesh. Put the flesh in a bowl, pour over the lemon juice and mash with a fork.
3. Spread the mashed avocado over each slice of toasted baguette, then top with crumbled feta, chopped nuts and Bagel Everything seasoning. There you go, your miniature avocado toasts are ready to eat!
* To make your own Bagel Everything Seasoning, simply mix sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion and dry garlic. You can customize the recipe with what you have in the cupboard.
Cajun shrimp appetizer toast idea
• 1 whole grain baguette, sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 3 tbsp. tablespoons olive oil
• Lemon wedges for garnish
For the prawns:
• 350 g of large raw shrimp, peeled
• 2 tbsp. tablespoon olive oil
• ½ tsp. Cajun seasoning
• ¼ tsp. garlic powder
• ¼ tsp. onion powder
• ¼ tsp. pepper
• ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
• 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
• 2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp. soup + 2 tbsp. hot sauce
• 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
1. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, spices and shrimp. Book.
2. Preheat the oven to 190 ° C. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and the crushed garlic cloves.
3. Place the baguette slices in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with garlic olive oil. Grill them for 7-8 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
4. In the meantime, prepare the shrimp, either in the pan or on the barbecue. Cook the shrimp for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl and sprinkle with thyme and Parmesan cheese.
6. Divide the shrimp among the slices of toasted baguette and drizzle with the sauce.
7. Serve with lemon wedges.
Aperitif toast ideas with prosciutto and honey whipped ricotta
• 30 g of prosciutto
• ¾ cup of ricotta
• 1 ½ tsp. honey, plus extra for garnish
• 3 peaches, thinly sliced
• 5-7 thick slices of crispy seed bread
• ¼ cup toasted and salted pistachios, chopped
• Fresh basil
• Sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 190 ° C. Place the prosciutto slices in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and grill for 8 minutes or until crispy.
2. In the meantime, prepare the whipped ricotta. In the bowl of a blender, put the ricotta, honey and 1 pinch of salt and mix and blend until you get a smooth and homogeneous texture.
3. Spread a generous amount of whipped ricotta on toast, followed by peach slices. Crush the prosciutto into small pieces and sprinkle over the toast. Garnish with chopped pistachios, fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of honey.
Ricotta toast, garnished with honey and pistachios
• 10 slices of baguette
• 3 tbsp. tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• ¾ tsp. of iodized salt
• ¾ tsp. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• ¼ cup parsley flakes
• 425 g ricotta
• ½ cup pistachios, peeled and chopped
• ¼ cup honey
1. Cut the baguette slices in half and brush them with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and parsley flakes.
2. Toast the baguette slices at 200 ° C for 8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
3. In a bowl, combine the ricotta with ¾ tsp. salt and ¾ tsp. pepper.
4. Spread the ricotta on the toasted baguette slices, sprinkle with pistachios and drizzle with honey.
Toasts with peaches and blue cheese
• 2 large ripe peaches
• 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
• 2 tbsp. honey
• 4 slices of country bread
• 6 tsp. tablespoons olive oil
• Kosher salt
• 100 g blue cheese (Roquefort or Saint Augur) at room temperature
• 2 cups arugula
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. Using the tip of a paring knife, make an X at the bottom of each peach. Cook the peaches in a large pot of boiling water until the skins start to peel off, about 1 minute.
2. Transfer the peaches to a bowl of ice water and let cool.
3. Peel the peaches, then cut them into quarters, collecting the juice. Pour the lemon juice and honey over it and stir to combine.
4. Toast the slices of bread. Brush them with 2 tbsp. Tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt. Spread the cheese on top and garnish with peaches.
5. Add 4 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil to the mixture of juice and honey.
6. In a bowl, mix the arugula with the dressing, season with salt and pepper. Place on the toast.
Strawberry and goat cheese aperitif toast ideas
• 1 sliced baguette
• 3 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 can of goat cheese
• 5 cups strawberries
• Balsamic reduction
• 2 tbsp. of dried rosemary
• Fresh rosemary for garnish
1. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with dried rosemary. Let cook at 175 ° until they are lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and let cool.
2. Add 1 tsp. of goat cheese on each round of baguette. Place slices of strawberries on top.
3. Before serving, drizzle with balsamic reduction and garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary.
Ideas for aperitif toasts with ricotta and almonds garnished with radishes and strawberries
Ingredients for the ricotta with almonds:
• 1 cup of almonds
• 2 tbsp. tablespoons olive oil
• 5-6 tbsp. tablespoon water
• 1 tbsp. white miso paste
• White pepper
• 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
For the radish and strawberry toast:
1 cup sliced radishes
1 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
2 tbsp. tablespoons of water or white wine
Sea salt + black pepper
4-5 slices of toast
1 ¼ cup ricotta with almonds
1 cup of sprouts
1 cup sliced strawberries
Juice of one lemon
From the olive oil
1 tbsp. raw honey
Sliced asparagus (optional)
1. Place almonds in a medium bowl and cover with hot water. Leave to soak for at least 30 minutes or overnight. After the soaking time, the skins will come off easily.
2. Add almonds and other ingredients to the bowl of a blender. Mix until you get a semi-smooth mixture. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
3. In a skillet, add 1 tbsp. of ghee and 2 tbsp. tablespoons of water or white wine. Put the radishes in it and cover. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove the cover, turn all the radishes over and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the radishes turn brown. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
4. Butter the slices of toast with ghee or coconut oil.
5. Top each slice of toast with ricotta almonds, cooked radishes, sprouts and strawberries.
6. Squeeze a little lemon juice on each toast and drizzle with olive oil and honey.
7. Optional: garnish toast with sliced asparagus.
Cucumber toast garnished with asparagus
• 4-5 slices of toast
• Ghee or coconut oil
• 1 ¼ cup ricotta with almonds
• 1 cup sprouted seeds
• 1 ½ cup baby cucumbers
• 1 cup asparagus, thinly sliced into ribbons
• 1 lemon
• Olive oil
• ¼ tsp. teaspoon dried dill
• Sea salt + black pepper
• Red pepper flakes
1. Butter the slices of toast with ghee or coconut oil, then spread them with ricotta and almonds. Garnish with sprouted seeds and cucumber slices. Loop the asparagus ribbons by wrapping them around your finger. Place them on the toast, ideally, directly on the ricotta.
2. Collect the flesh of the lemon, cut it into small pieces and add them to the toast.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle a little dill on each toast. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.