Table of contents:
Video: Healthy Box Lunch Recipe: 10 Take-out Lunch Ideas
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
Do you dream of eating balanced and gourmet without the pounds? But how is this possible during the working day? The answer is in the lunch box! Take it with you, whether at the office or on a walk, to treat yourself to a balanced lunch break while staying in shape. The recipes for lunch to take to the office are becoming more and more numerous and creative and to keep you up to date, Deavita has brought you a selection that deserves your full attention. What healthy lunch box recipe are you going to prepare for your next lunch at the office?
What meals to take in your lunch box?
Homemade meals are perfect for anyone who wants to eat a healthy and balanced diet, stay in shape all year round and save money. The lunch box is therefore a super practical alternative to have the healthiest possible diet. You just need to follow a few tips regarding the organization of the container provided for storing your lunch.
1. Carry the dressing for its salad separately, for example in a small jam jar.
2. Consider wrapping the portions of pies and quiches in a sheet of aluminum foil to make them easier to travel.
3. In its take-out box, slip preparations that withstand trips well. Salads, spring rolls, fish or meatballs, pressed sushi or even a quinoa risotto.
4. For dessert, a few slices of strawberry or banana bread will do perfectly. As an alternative, you can take a homemade energy bar or even keto fat bombs.
5. Leftover pasta, rice or buckwheat from the night before is perfect for making a delicious salad to take to the office.
Healthy box lunch recipe: quinoa salad with black beans
• ½ cup dry quinoa
• ½ can black beans
• ½ cup corn
• 1 medium tomato, chopped
• ¼ red onion, minced
• 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
For the dressing room:
• 1 C. lime zest
• 1 tbsp. tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tbsp. of lime juice
• 1 pinch of sea salt
1. Cook the quinoa with 2 cups of water. Boil over low heat, covered, for 15 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed.
2. Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
3. When the quinoa has cooled slightly, toss it with the black beans, corn, tomato, onion and cilantro.
4. Put the vinaigrette in a jam jar.
Vegetarian wrap for lunch box
• 85 g black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 shallot, minced
• 1 small tomato, diced
• 1 pinch of chili flakes
• 1 wholemeal bread pancake
• 1 tbsp. tablespoon avocado, mashed
• ½ carrot, peeled and grated
• 15 g young arugula
• 1 hard-boiled egg, cut in half
• 1 cup carrot and celery sticks with 2 tbsp. hummus
• 1 tangerine
• 15 almonds
1. Place the black beans in a medium bowl and mash them with a fork, leaving some texture. Stir in the shallot, tomato and pepper flakes.
2. Lay out the patty on a clean work surface. Spread the mashed avocado in the center of the galette. Garnish with the mixture of carrots, beans and baby arugula. Roll up.
3. Cover the wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate to keep.
4. Enjoy the wrap fresh or toasted in a sandwich press.
Healthy box lunch recipe: teriyaki chicken with rice and vegetables
• 450 g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
• Salt and pepper
• Choice of rice
• Steamed broccoli and peppers
For the sauce:
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
• 2 tbsp. of rice or cider vinegar
• ½ tsp. ground ginger
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp. cornstarch
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
2. Season the chicken bites with S&P. Put them in a large nonstick skillet. Cook until chicken is done, stirring often.
3. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch. Whisk carefully until there are no more lumps. Add the sauce to the chicken and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and becomes shiny.
4. Remove from heat and let cool before transferring to a lunch box. Also add rice, as well as steamed or sautéed vegetables.
• 1 medium zucchini
• 8 eggs at room temperature
• 2 tbsp. milk
• 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
• 3 worm onions, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup frozen peas
• 1 cup grated cheese
1. Preheat the fan oven to 160 ° C.
2. Brush a muffin pan with olive oil.
3. Grate the courgettes then squeeze them between your hands to remove as much water as possible.
4. Whisk the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in the zucchini, carrots, green onions and frozen peas. Season and add the grated cheese.
5. Distribute the mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Fish cakes with vegetables and sauce
• 30 ml canola oil
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 spring onion, coarsely chopped
• 5 ml mild curry powder
• 375 g peeled butternut squash, cooked and mashed
• 75g flour
• 4 x 170g cans of brined tuna, drained
• 15ml smoked barbecue sauce
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For coating and frying
• 125g flour
• 120g breadcrumbs of your choice
• 2 large eggs
• Canola oil for frying
1. Heat 30 ml of oil in a large pan and sauté the onion for 4 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and spring onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the curry powder and stir for 30 seconds, being careful not to burn the spices.
2. Add the butternut squash puree to the pan and stir until well combined. Put the flour, 1 tbsp. tablespoons at a time, and mix well.
3. Stir in the drained tuna with the barbecue sauce and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
4. Take 2 spoons of the mixture and form a ball. Flatten it slightly to form a fish patty. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
5. Combine flour and breadcrumbs on a flat plate. Whisk the eggs and place them in a wide, shallow dish.
6. Coat the patties in the flour and breadcrumbs, then dip them in the beaten eggs and finally, again in the flour and breadcrumb mixture.
7. Heat canola oil in a pan and then fry the fish cakes.
8. Gently remove the patties from the pan and drain them on a wire rack lined with paper towels. Let cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container going in the fridge or a lunch box.
9. This lunch box recipe can be served with a green salad, vegetables, lime slices and a good tartar sauce.
Cauliflower steak is a different kind of steak! If you are looking for a healthy and delicious lunch box recipe, you must try cauliflower diverted into vegetarian steak.
Mini zucchini pizzas
What could be lighter and easier to prepare than mini zucchini pizzas? These summertime bites allow for countless interpretations and can become your favorite lunch box recipe in no time.
Grilled vegetable salad
A great light meal that's quick and easy to prepare, Grilled Vegetable Salad is great for any lunch box to take to the office. Eating varied and balanced is easier than ever!
Vegetarian or not, spring rolls are perfect for bringing a little lightness and freshness to your daily menu. Healthy and light, this dish is suitable for all tastes and its preparation is child's play! Spring rolls therefore deserve your full attention!
Lunch box recipe: pressed sushi
Satisfying and delicious, pressed sushi is the new gourmet trend to delight fans of Asian delicacy. Super easy to shape and always aesthetic, this type of sushi is ideal to slip into your lunch box.