Table of contents:
Video: Watermelon Cocktail: Our Refreshing Recipes
Summer is undoubtedly the season for cocktails! It's time to get out the shaker and cocktail glasses and make plenty of ice cubes. With or without alcohol, summer cocktails play as much on flavors as on colors. And what could be better than a watermelon cocktail, sweet and colorful, which evokes summer like no other! Whether it's watermelon punch, mojito or Margarita, watermelon is the key ingredient in every self-respecting cocktail!
Watermelon - ideal for refreshing summer cocktails
Refreshing and super delicious, watermelon quenches our thirst all summer long. Red or pink, white or yellow, it brings color and variety to our salads, desserts and beverages. It is curious to know that watermelon seeds are also edible. The icing on the cake: watermelon is very rich in lycophene, which has protective effects against certain cancers and coronary heart disease. So, in addition to being delicious, this fruit composed mainly of water, is good for your health. Now it's up to you to discover our recipes that taste like summer!
Watermelon punch to put you in a good mood
The punch is really the cocktail that smells of summer and the beach! And it's the watermelon punch that has the advantage of putting everyone in a good mood! Refreshing and delicious, this tequila-based cocktail is perfect for your summer evenings with friends!
• 6 cups of watermelon juice
• ¾ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
• ¼ cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
• 200 ml of sugar syrup
• 1 ½ cups of tequila
• 1/8 cup of Cointreau
1. Prepare the sugar syrup by heating 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar, until simmering. As soon as the sugar has melted, remove from the heat and let cool.
2. Pour the watermelon juice into a punch bowl, add the sugar syrup and the rest of the ingredients, then mix.
3. Take the flesh of half a watermelon and cut it into small cubes.
4. Before serving the watermelon punch, put ice cubes and watermelon cubes in the glasses, then pour the punch.
Watermelon vodka cocktail: an even fresher version of the famous "Vodka Tonic"
• 120 ml of fresh watermelon juice
• 120 ml of lemon vodka
• 120 ml of tonic
Combine all the ingredients and divide the cocktail between two glasses filled with ice cubes.
Watermelon and coconut cocktail
• ¼ cup of frozen watermelon flesh
• 30 ml of Coco sky liqueur
• 30 ml of watermelon flavored rum (or vodka)
• 60 ml of coconut water
• Ice cubes
Mix all the ingredients. Garnish with a slice of watermelon.
Watermelon Punch with Rum and Ginger Beer
• 8 cups watermelon flesh, cut into cubes
• 1 cup white rum
• 1 cup fresh orange juice
• ½ cup lime juice
• 1 ½ cup ginger beer
1. In the bowl of a blender, put the watermelon. Run on high speed for 30 seconds, until smooth. Pass the mixture through a colander, collecting only the juice.
2. Pour the watermelon juice into a large pitcher along with the white rum, orange juice and lime juice. Mix everything well.
3. When ready to serve, add the ginger beer to the pitcher and mix well again.
Watermelon Margarita Cocktail
• ½ cup of tequila
• 1 small jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
• 5 cups of watermelon flesh
• ½ cup of lime juice + 4 slices to garnish
• 1 handful of ice cubes
• Sea salt to decorate the glasses
1. Combine tequila and half the jalapeño slices. Set aside 15 to 30 minutes to infuse. If you are not using jalapeño, skip this step.
2. In the bowl of your blender put the watermelon, lime juice and ice cubes. Run until you get a smooth consistency.
3. Salt the edges of 4 glasses then fill each of them with ice cubes. Pour the watermelon and lime mixture into the glasses and add 2 tablespoons of tequila to each one.
4. Garnish with lime slices and jalapeño slices.
• 4 fresh mint leaves
• 20 ml of freshly squeezed lime juice
• 20 ml of sugar syrup
• 60 ml of white rum
• 90 ml of watermelon puree, strained through a colander
• Soda, to taste
• mint + small watermelon wedges for garnish
1. Put the mint leaves in a high glass, also pour the lime juice and sugar syrup. Scramble everything using a crusher.
2. Fill the glass 2/3 full with ice cubes. Add the rum and the watermelon puree.
3. Fill the glass with club soda and mix.
4. Garnish with mint leaves and a small wedge of watermelon.
Ingredients for 4 cocktails:
• 3 cups of seedless watermelon flesh
• 60ml Lemon Absolut
• 30ml melon liqueur
• 30ml fresh lime juice
• 1 cup ice cubes
• Lime slices for garnish
1. Cut 1 cup of watermelon flesh into small cubes.
2. Puree the remaining 2 cups of watermelon then mix the mixture with the vodka, liqueur, lime juice and ice cubes. Mix everything well.
3. Pour 180 ml of martini in each glass and garnish with lime slices.
• 1 bottle of rosé wine
• 4 cups of watermelon flesh
• 2 cups of strawberries, sliced
• 1 cup of cherries, pitted
• 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
• Fresh mint leaves
• Ice cubes
1. In a large pitcher, combine the fruit, jalapeño slices, mint leaves and rosé wine.
2. Refrigerate until sangria has cooled and fruit has absorbed the wine, at least 1 hour.
3. Before serving the sangria, fill the pitcher with more ice cubes.
Punch bowl from watermelon
When you prepare watermelon punch or sangria, there is nothing more original than serving the cocktail in the watermelon itself. Original and creative, this idea is perfect for a summer aperitif with friends. To make a punch bowl from a watermelon, all you need to do is get a medium watermelon and 1 sharp knife. Cut the watermelon in half. If necessary, cut a thin slice at the base of each half so that your punch bowls are stable. Empty the inside of the watermelon, removing as many seeds as possible. Keep the seeds to dry them and enjoy them as an aperitif. As for the flesh, cut it into cubes that you can mix with other fruits to make a watermelon salad for example.
* Watermelon punch, recipe discovered on: sugarandcharm.com
* Watermelon margarita, recipe to discover on: loveandlemons.com
* Watermelon vodka cocktail, to see the recipe, visit: acouplecooks.com
* Watermelon and coconut cocktail, recipe discovered on: brightandfoodie.com
* Watermelon Punch with Rum and Ginger Beer, recipe at: homemadehooplah.com
* Watermelon mojito, recipe found on: girlversusdough.com
* Watermelon Martini, to view the recipe, visit: eatyourselfskinny.com
* Sangria with watermelon and red fruits, recipe to discover on: heatherchristo.com