Table of contents:
Video: Raspberry Crumble - An Express Summer Dessert
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
During the summer days, when the temperatures rise, you don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. Fortunately, there are desserts you can make in a matter of minutes. Today we present to you a super delicious recipe that will make your mouth water - raspberry crumble. This dessert of British origin is super refreshing thanks to the slightly sour taste of the fruit, which makes it perfect for an afternoon snack with a good cup of coffee. Serve it with homemade ice cream for a perfect gastronomic harmony.
What exactly is raspberry crumble?
Crumble is a dessert that is usually made with apples. But you can also replace them with other fresh fruits or even make a fruity mixture. The crumble consists of a layer of fruit in the bottom of the dish and a layer of crumbled-looking dough. The latter is also called "breadcrumbs", where the name of the dessert comes from. In English "to crumble" means "to fall apart". This type of dessert is served lukewarm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but it can be eaten cold or hot. Here are some ideas for using seasonal fruit to make a raspberry crumble.
Crumble-style raspberry pie recipe
To prepare this dessert you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 gr of raspberries
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 225 gr of flour
- 110 gr of butter at room temperature
- 75 gr of sugar
Ingredients for the pie crust:
- 180 gr of flour
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of sugar
- 90 gr of melted butter
- 90 gr of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
Mix the raspberries with the powdered sugar and add a vanilla pod. In a bowl, put the flour, sugar and cut butter. Mix everything with your fingers to obtain a sandy dough. Spread the pie dough out on a floured work surface and knead it. Butter a 23 cm mold and about 4 cm deep and place the pie crust in it. Leave to cool for 30 minutes. Put the raspberries and after - the shortbread. Bake in the oven, preheated to 180 ° C, for 25 minutes.
Apple and raspberry crumble
We combine the traditional apple recipe with fresh summer fruits to achieve an incomparable taste. It's the same technique with slightly different ingredients:
- 5 peeled apples
- 150 gr raspberries
- 100 gr of sugar
- 100 gr of flour
- 80 gr of butter at room temperature
- Cinnamon clip
The best apples for this recipe are the Bramleys which hold up well to cooking. To make the fruit flavors blend well, cut the apples into small cubes. Another idea is to divide the dough in half and put half at the bottom of the basin. Then add the fruit mixture and at the end put the rest of the dough.
Raspberry and white chocolate crumble
The raspberry and white chocolate crumble is a gourmet recipe for chocolate lovers that goes perfectly with coffee in the afternoon. Prepare it in small glass or porcelain ramekins for the perfect presentation. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a few leaves of fresh mint.
- 500 gr of raspberries
- 120 gr of white chocolate or chocolate chips
- 100 gr of flour
- 90 gr of softened butter
- 40 gr of brown sugar
Some little gourmet secrets
You have been offered a few basic recipes for making a raspberry crumble, but you can experiment by adding various ingredients to suit your preferences. Here are our ideas and tips for making a perfect dessert:
- For an even crunchier texture, add chopped almonds. You can also choose nuts, hazelnuts, pecans, etc.
- As soon as the crumble is already cooked, sprinkle with a freshly grated lemon zest for a fresher taste.
- If you have gluten intolerance, substitute white flour for gluten-free one such as corn flour. Then add 1 tsp. xanthan gum.
- For a more balanced dessert, use low carbohydrate flours: coconut, soy, hazelnut, quinoa, rice, etc. They have many benefits. So why not try ?
- Reserve some fresh fruit to garnish the dessert. It makes you want to taste it, right?
- For cooking a classic crumble (not a crumble-style pie), place the mold on a wire rack. It is also best to place the pan in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes, then put it on top for another 10 minutes. This will give the crumble a nice golden color.
- You can make the crumble with frozen fruit, but they contain more water. Plan, then, a deeper mold.
- You can serve the raspberry crumble with homemade Nice cream ice cream, which is sugar, fat, lactose and gluten free! A second option is to garnish the crumble with crème fraîche.