Table of contents:
- Classic courgette pancakes: an express recipe to make in no time
- Healthy gluten-free baked zucchini cake recipe
- Courgette potato pancake: a gourmet variation that makes our mouth water
- Thermomix courgette pancake with parmesan
- Zucchini pancakes with feta and cheddar cheese recipe: a gourmet variation flavored with mint
- Idea of zucchini cake without egg and gluten
- Zucchini quinoa pancake with carrots: a gourmet variation to try at all costs
- Vegan zucchini pancakes: a fresh recipe for fans of the vegan diet
Video: Courgette Pancakes: Gourmet Variations
Recipes for stuffed zucchini, zucchini bread or pasta with zucchini … this star food of the summer invites itself on our plates in different forms to offer us fresh, healthy and super delicious dishes. In addition to being considered a slimming vegetable, zucchini ensures good transit thanks to its fiber content. The beta-carotene and vitamin C contained in it help fight against oxidative stress by countering free radicals causing cellular aging. Yes, this vegetable definitely deserves a place in our diet. And in this context, we suggest you prepare zucchini pancakes, the many variations of which will amaze you!
Classic courgette pancakes: an express recipe to make in no time
The classic courgette pancake recipe is quick and easy to prepare and is a healthier alternative to fried foods. What's more, zucchini pancakes are a great accompaniment to grilled vegetable salad. Here are the necessary ingredients:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 6-8 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray
1. Grate, drain the zucchini and transfer them to a large bowl.
2. Then add the flour, shallots, garlic, parsley, chives, eggs and cheese. Add salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil spray.
4. Shape each zucchini patty by placing a tablespoon of batter in the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until the patties are golden.
5. Spray more oil in the pan if necessary and continue with the rest of the batter.
Healthy gluten-free baked zucchini cake recipe
- 2 large zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
Grate the zucchini and place them in a colander. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and let drain for 30 minutes. Then press down on the zucchini with a spoon in order to extract even more liquid. Take into account that this step is crucial, so it is out of the question to neglect it.
First, preheat the oven to 200 ° C, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil spray. Then transfer the grated and drained zucchini to a medium bowl and add the scallions, garlic, remaining salt, black pepper, eggs, and both types of flour.
Use a spoon to shape your zucchini patties, flattening slightly on top. Cook for about 15 minutes. Then, turn the patties over, spray the tops with olive oil and bake for another 15 minutes.
Frying these courgette patties is also possible. To do this, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Fry over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.
Courgette potato pancake: a gourmet variation that makes our mouth water
Ingredients to get:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large potato
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup oil
1. Grate the courgettes and place them in a colander. Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon of salt and let drain.
2. In a large bowl, grate the potato and onion. Then add the eggs, flour, black pepper and the rest of the salt. Mix until well blended.
3. Squeeze the excess liquid from the grated zucchini and add the zucchini to the potato mixture. Mix well.
4. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour 1 tablespoon of dough at a time and shape your zucchini patties by flattening the top. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
Thermomix courgette pancake with parmesan
Parmesan zucchini patties offer a unique and fresh flavor unique to a summer dish. Do not hesitate to experiment by adding other types of famous cheese. Here are the necessary ingredients:
- 40 g parmesan
- 400g zucchini, cut into pieces
- 70 g of baking flour
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Put the Parmesan in the bowl of your Thermomix and grate at speed 10 for 8 seconds. Leave aside. Then place the chopped zucchini in the food processor bowl and press the Turbo / Pulse button 5-10 times or until the vegetable is coarsely grated. Transfer to a colander to remove all the liquid. Return the parmesan and the drained zucchini to the Thermomix bowl and also add the flour, egg, salt and pepper. Mix in reverse direction 4 for 10 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix again.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add tablespoons (one at a time) of dough and flatten to form courgette patties. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Zucchini pancakes with feta and cheddar cheese recipe: a gourmet variation flavored with mint
While we're at it, let's take a look at another variation where cheese makes the difference. This time, let's mix feta cheese with cheddar cheese!
- 5 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup onion, grated
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated feta cheese
- 3-4 cups of breadcrumbs
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil for frying (about 1 cup)
Place the zucchini and onion in a colander. Add 1/2 tablespoon of salt. mix and let drain for 15-20 minutes. Squeeze out the excess liquid with your hands. Beat two eggs in a large bowl and then add the cheddar, feta cheese, 1 cup breadcrumbs, mint, parsley and ground pepper. Then, add the zucchini-onion preparation. Mix with a fork. Gradually add the rest of the breadcrumbs until patties can be formed.
Take a small bowl and beat the other two eggs in it. Pour 1 cup of breadcrumbs into another bowl. Heat 1 cup of olive oil in a pan, being careful not to overheat the oil. Next, shape zucchini patties from the dough, dip them in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown and flip to the other side.
Idea of zucchini cake without egg and gluten
Gluten intolerance is a fairly common condition from which a third of the French population suffers. So as not to deprive you of the famous zucchini pancakes, we offer a gluten-free variation that is as delicious as it is easy to prepare. Check out the ingredients below:
- 3 cups drained, unpeeled grated zucchini
- 3/4 - 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 3-4 tablespoons sliced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir with a spoon to obtain a uniform preparation. If the zucchini releases liquid, the chickpea flour will absorb it. Leave the preparation aside for 15-20 minutes. Then heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Shape your zucchini patties with a spoon, transfer them to the pan and flatten. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the patties are golden brown.
Zucchini quinoa pancake with carrots: a gourmet variation to try at all costs
Cooking quinoa successfully will become child's play once you have mastered the correct method. Then, the small seeds can be incorporated into many delicious and original recipes. Ditto for the courgette pancakes recipe. Obtain the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (see recipe above)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil for frying
1. Put the grated carrots and zucchini in a colander, salt and let drain for 10-15 minutes. Then squeeze with your hands to remove excess water.
2. Transfer the zucchini and carrots to a large bowl. Add the cooked quinoa, eggs, chives, paprika and black pepper. Mix until well blended. Stir in the breadcrumbs and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, pouring in avocado oil.
4. Form courgette patties and place them in the pan, spacing them apart. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
Vegan zucchini pancakes: a fresh recipe for fans of the vegan diet
- 500 g grated zucchini (3 - 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup (125 g) flour
- 1/4 cup (15 g) nutritional yeast
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 chopped onions
- 1/4 cup (56 g) melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (for frying)
Place the grated zucchini in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, mix and let drain for 10 minutes. Next, use your hands to squeeze the zucchini and remove the excess water. Transfer the zucchini to another bowl and stir in the flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, garlic and onions. Mix well. Finally, add the melted butter and stir to obtain a thick paste.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Shape your zucchini pancakes and place a few in the heated pan. Flatten the top and cook for about 3 minutes per side. Pour olive oil into the pan and continue with the remaining paste.