Table of contents:
- How do you choose the perfect avocado and how do you get it to ripen faster?
- Salmon avocado burger: an exquisite recipe to delight your taste buds
- Avocado burger recipe for fans of the vegan diet
- Paleo-style avocado burger recipe
- Start the day with a good avocado burger ready in less than 10 minutes
Video: Avocado Burger: Food Trend Not To Be Missed
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 09:49
Super delicious avocado toast, a good bowl of homemade guacamole and so on … the star fruit with a thousand virtues for health invites itself on our plates to bring them unparalleled freshness. Yes, in addition to allowing the preparation of several healthy and tasty dishes, avocado is very beneficial for weight loss, the proper functioning of the digestive system and heart, eye health, skin and more. But are you tired of always stumbling upon the same recipes? So, if this is the case, we have the great pleasure to unveil an idea that you may never have thought of: his majesty the avocado burger also known under the English name “avocado burger”! A healthy and original alternative to classic burger recipes, the following succulent dish has it all!Focus on a few recipes to try absolutely.
How do you choose the perfect avocado and how do you get it to ripen faster?
It's no secret that in order to enjoy the wonderful taste of avocado, it must be very well matured. However, finding such a perfect, ready-to-eat fruit most often turns out to be a difficult task. Not to mention that an initially ideal avocado, can be tasteless, blackened or stunted. What then to do to avoid this headache? So, before we move on to our exquisite avocado burger recipes, let's first take a look at some helpful tips when choosing this remarkable fruit.
The color of the avocado is the first thing to consider. The fruit should enjoy a beautiful homogeneous black color. Observe the area around the peduncle very carefully, as this can indicate whether the fruit is really ready to eat. Indeed, this technique is one of the most widespread and the most infallible. So, make some pressure with your fingers on the base of the peduncle. If the surface is soft, the avocado is very ripe. The latter should be neither too soft nor too hard.
Ultimately, ripe fruit is the key to creating a succulent avocado burger! Moreover, if you cannot find a fully maturing avocado, it is quite possible to accelerate it.
The first tip to consider is to place the avocado in a paper bag while accompanying it with a banana, an apple and a tomato. All three fruits naturally produce ethylene, which helps avocado ripen quickly.
Using the oven is an equally common and very effective last minute technique that does not affect the taste of the avocado at all. So, to accelerate the maturity of the latter, wrap it in aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes at 90 ° C. Let cool to room temperature before use.
Salmon avocado burger: an exquisite recipe to delight your taste buds
Here is our first avocado burger recipe that makes our mouth water! Succumb to the unique flavor of salmon paired with a yogurt and herb dressing. Don't delay and get the following ingredients:
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons lime vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1 cup of arugula
- 85 g smoked salmon
- A few thin slices of watermelon radish (or other type of radish)
- Olive oil
- Black sesame seeds
Preparation of the Greek yogurt and herb dressing:
To concoct this aromatic vinaigrette, you must first prepare the herbs. To do this, heat 2 cups of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat and let infuse 2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves, fresh thyme and fresh rosemary. Then let cool to room temperature. Mix the preparation using an immersion blender and finally filter.
Back to the vinaigrette! In a bowl, mix 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt with 2 1/2 tablespoons of the herbal infusion and 2 teaspoons of salt. Then add 1/4 cup of water and mix until well blended.
Preparation of the lime vinaigrette:
Combine the following ingredients in the bowl of your blender: 1/4 cup lime juice, 1 tablespoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum and 1/4 cup water. Blend on high speed for about 20 seconds. Then pour in 1 cup of olive oil and blend again for 20 seconds.
Preparation of the avocado burger (2 portions):
Place an avocado half (cut side up) on each of the two plates. Fill the cavities of each part with the Greek yogurt dressing. Then garnish with arugula, salmon and radish. Drizzle with the lime vinaigrette and cover the burgers with the other half of the avocado. Finally, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Avocado burger recipe for fans of the vegan diet
Deemed to be too fatty, salty and made entirely of poor quality ingredients, fast food should be avoided at all costs if you want to stay healthy. But as new trends are born in almost all spheres of life, the culinary world is no exception. In this context, vegan fast food offers us healthy alternatives to your favorite foods. So, prepare yourself an avocado burger worthy of envy!
- 4 large avocados (pitted and peeled)
- 1/4 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup pickled red cabbage
- 1/8 tbsp sesame seeds
Ingredients for vegan steaks:
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 140g frozen or fresh kale
- 200 g of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
Instructions for vegan steaks:
Bring water in a medium saucepan to a boil. Two minutes later, add the kale and the peas and cook for seven minutes. Two minutes before the end of cooking, stir in the broccoli. Then, drain the vegetables, let cool and set aside.
At the same time, heat olive oil in a small pan and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes. Then add the minced garlic and let it cook for an additional minute. Set aside.
Transfer the cooked vegetables (without the garlic and onion) including the chopped celery to a food processor and blend for a few seconds. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the oats, breadcrumbs, onion and garlic. If desired, salt and pepper. Form four patties and set aside.
For information, the use of zucchini patties as a vegan steak is quite possible.
Assemble the avocado burger:
The method to follow is the same as that we indicated in the first recipe. So, place the 4 avocado halves (cut side up) on the prepared plates. Garnish with slices of red pepper, spinach and pickled red cabbage. Cover your burger with the other half of avocado and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Here !
Paleo-style avocado burger recipe
Ingredients for the avocado burger:
- 1 large beet
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin rings
- 4 slices of bacon without crust
- 4 avocados
- 2 pickles, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 lettuce leaves torn into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds
Ingredients for the steaks:
- 350 g ground beef
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 pinch of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
1. First, steam the beetroot for 45 minutes. After the vegetable is cooked, immerse it in ice water and remove the skin using a damp cloth (gloves are best worn). Thinly slice the beet and set aside.
2. To prepare the steaks, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Then shape 4 patties.
3. Brush a pan with olive oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the pancakes and the bacon and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and put in a warm place.
4. Make the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise and chili. Salt if necessary.
5. Next, it's time to assemble your avocado burger. To do this, first cut each avocado in half crosswise. Remove the pits and skin. Take the more rounded halves, they will act as a base, and cut a small piece to form a flat bottom. This allows the avocado burger to stand upright.
6. Next, place the base halves on a plate. Spread 1 teaspoon of sauce on each piece. Then top with the steak, pickle, bacon, tomato, lettuce and beetroot. Cover with the other avocado halves. Finally, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve!
Start the day with a good avocado burger ready in less than 10 minutes
Did you like our egg avocado recipes ready in no time? So, if your answer is yes, we are pleased to present a variation that will make your mouth water!
Ingredients to get:
- 2 large avocados, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1 slice of cheese
- Olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- Pinch of poppy seeds
First, heat a little olive oil in a pan and add the eggs to it. Lower the heat and cook for 4-5 minutes. Next, cut the avocados in half and place two of the halves on a plate (the cut sides facing up). Top with cheese, radish and eggs. Include your alternative burgers with the other avocado halves. Finally, sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds.
The seaweed becomes a beauty ally that all bloggers are crazy about! Find out why in the article + 5 spirulina face mask recipes
Once the bottle has been opened and the wine consumed, we often end up wondering how to use corks. So, today we are going to tackle exactly this theme: what to do with corks to create decorative items worthy of envy?
A successful Easter centerpiece contributes to the festive mood of the diners and shows good taste on the part of the hosts. But what are the essential elements that should be included and what to match them to achieve a chic decor? Here are more than 50 ideas on this subject
The combination of parquet and tiles is a great way to boost your interior! Discover our inspiring ideas that will make you want to revamp your rooms
Ladies with pronounced curves ask themselves the question: how to dress when you are round without compromising style or lifestyle? Ideas