Table of contents:
Video: How To Stimulate Lactation? - What Foods And Recipes
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 09:49
After surely having followed our guide to nutrition during pregnancy, you are already an adorable new mother who wants to excel in everything. As you are informed about the benefits of breast milk not only for your baby, but for you as well, it is therefore necessary to stimulate lactation which rises 2-3 days after giving birth. It is a general and unmistakable truth that if you want to breastfeed, you need to feed yourself properly so that you and your baby feel better. Fortunately, there are many quick and easy recipes to prepare using ingredients that can improve and stimulate maternal lactation. Plus, these recipes are packed with the nutrients you need as a nursing mom.
Stimulating lactation: why is it necessary?
Certainly, breastfeeding the baby is an important task and a mission that will ensure a healthy development. And since your concern is not your breasts, but the health of the infant, boosting lactation is the focal point of your new day.
Long ago, the production of breast milk begins in the form of colostrum and is transformed later, it must meet the needs of the baby. During the day, the content and quality change, given the foods the mother feeds on. One thing is indisputable, if you are breastfeeding your baby grows up healthy, resistant to infections and creates unwavering immunity.
In short, when a child is breastfed, he receives all the nutrients necessary for his development. Do not ignore the prevention against childhood obesity and microbial proliferation. In addition, breastfeeding stimulates good digestion thanks to a high level of lactose.
Among the advantages of breastfeeding, there is a psychological side that focuses on the bond between mother and child. If the mother breastfeeds naturally, the merger with her baby continues and weaves a solid reunion for the future.
Finally, the benefits of breastfeeding for the mother are proven: decreased risk of breast cancer, ovaries and uterus. In addition, during the period of breastfeeding, the level of prolactin is high and blocks ovulation.
Which foods to favor to stimulate lactation?
Congratulations to the moms who have decided to breastfeed! Our article will guide them towards galactogenic foods that have an impact boosting lactation. The more you breastfeed, the more milk the mammary glands produce as if to make up for the amount withdrawn. Certainly, you are aware that your body needs to be properly nourished so that the production of milk is not interrupted.
But it can be difficult to find the time or the energy to prepare a quick meal or snack to stimulate lactation. And let's be honest, eating healthy may be the last thing on your mind right now. Still, it's important to eat regularly so that you can really feel your best. Plus, eating nutritious meals and snacks throughout the day is the best way to ensure a healthy milk supply for your baby. In case you are worried about putting on a few extra pounds, know that the correct and balanced diet is the enemy of being overweight. Moreover, for elegant mothers who want to keep their figure, our editorial team offers 7 exercises to strengthen the chest. So don't panic, think about your darling's health!
Among the foods that stimulate lactation, we can mention nuts, fennel, fenugreek, brewer's yeast, cumin and anise infusion.
When breastfeeding: tasty and easy to prepare recipes
During pumpkin season, what could be more natural than making a spicy lactating smoothie. Having all the flavor of a traditional latte, it contains nutritious ingredients, like pumpkin, which can naturally increase milk production. As a breastfeeding mom, it is important to feed yourself with high quality nutritious foods and drinks, but without feeling deprived.
Pumpkin and spice smoothie
Avoid the high sugar content that can increase a baby's colic and let's celebrate pumpkin season together with this delicious lactation smoothie (or latte). This recipe blends lactogenic ingredients such as pumpkin, coconut milk, mango, carrot, cinnamon, and honey to not only make this smoothie super nutrient dense, but to promote a healthy milk supply. Cereals are lacking, milk or whatever alternatives you need to choose need to be fortified with vitamin A, vitamin D, calcium and possibly vitamin B-12 to meet your breastfeeding needs.
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- ½ cup of mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of cloves
- 1 tablespoon of collagen peptides (optional)
- Honey or other sweetener of your choice and taste (optional)
- A handful of ice cubes (optional)
If you've been stressed out by the long list of ingredients, preparation is instant. Just put everything in the blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
Blueberry lactation muffins
Gluten-free and honey-free for a natural sweetness, these lactating blueberry muffins are lower in sugar than traditional muffins. Easy to prepare and packed with healthy ingredients like flax seeds, blueberries and eggs. Thanks to the excellent combination of oats, flax and brewer's yeast, dairy free and nut free, these cupcakes save moms with sensitive tummy babies trouble.
You will quickly combine all the ingredients with a visit to the grocery store:
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free oatmeal
- ½ cup of tapioca flour
- ½ cup of ground flax
- 3 tablespoons of brewer's yeast
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon of oatmeal
To instruct you in preparation
- First, preheat the oven to 180˚ Line 9-10 muffin cups with liners and spray them with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small to medium bowl, whisk together the oatmeal, tapioca flour, ground flax seeds, brewer's yeast, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, vanilla, almond milk, coconut oil and lemon juice until smooth and blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- In the bowl with the dry ingredients, add the blueberries and mix with 1 tablespoon of oatmeal. This helps them not to sink to the bottom of the muffins. The dough will be very thick.
- Use a large spoon to fill prepared muffin tins to the top, but not on top. It should fill 9-10 muffin cups. Place a few more blueberries on each of them before cooking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffin pan to a cooling rack and let cool for 5-10 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan and let cool completely or serve hot, as desired.
Eat oats to increase breast milk
Since oatmeal is considered a galactagogue or a food that can naturally increase milk production, it can be used in countless delicious recipes. Obviously, its iron content is able to replenish the reserves of this element in the body after childbirth and increase them during breastfeeding. Quite naturally, a nursing mother should add a bowl of oatmeal to the daily diet. If you prepare the recipe below and the oatmeal with the other ingredients sit in the fridge overnight, a delicious breakfast will be waiting for you the next morning.
Oats are useful not only for supporting breast milk production, but they can be easily consumed with one hand, which is essential when holding a baby.
Check out this overnight oatmeal recipe that's versatile and can be easily personalized with your favorite ingredients.
What to put in the jar?
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (almond, soy, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of nuts / seeds (almond slices, walnuts etc.)
- 1-2 tablespoons of your choice of sweetener (such as honey, maple or agave syrup)
Here is a list of optional ingredients: fresh fruit, chia and / or flax seeds, nut butters, dark chocolate or cocoa powder.
Instructions to follow
- Combine all the ingredients and your choice of supplements in a jar.
- Stir until well blended.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
When you're ready to eat, garnish the oatmeal with your favorite milk, fresh fruit, peanuts and a sweetener to your liking.
To stay hydrated: a homemade tea
It is important to stay hydrated while breastfeeding. We offer you a homemade tea blend concocted with herbs and spices such as fennel, for example. Of course, you have to keep in mind that every herb contains elements that are not always conducive to breastfeeding. For this reason, you should consult your doctor and not go blindly.
- ½ cup of red raspberry leaf
- ¼ cup alfalfa leaf
- ½ cup nettle leaf
- ¼ cup of fenugreek seeds
- ¼ cup of fennel seeds
- ¼ cup of chamomile flowers
- ¼ cup dandelion leaf
Instructions for preparing
First, mix the herbs and store in a glass jar. To steep, add 1 tablespoon of the herb mixture to 2 cups of boiling water and simmer on the stove for 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, filter and serve. Either way, this tea can be brewed by the gallon using ½ cup of the dried herb blend. After filtering it, you can store it in the refrigerator.
How to make an ideal omelet for nursing mothers
Because the right supply of milk is nourishing, you should not be on a diet or skimp on nutrients. So good nutrition and good nutrition are essential for stimulating lactation and resulting in a good supply of nourishing milk. Eat plenty of healthy fats from foods like free-range eggs, organic whipping cream, organic butter, and avocado, as breast milk is largely made up of fat. Here is a breakfast recipe that will feed you and your baby with the healthy fats, proteins, and nutrients you need.
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tablespoon of organic butter
- 1 tablespoon of organic whipping cream
- 1 organic turkey sausage, diced
- ½ sliced avocado
- ¼ cup chopped chives and cilantro
- ¼ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Salsa to garnish
Steps to follow for preparation
- Chop first and sauté the sausage in a cast iron skillet until tender.
- While the sausage is cooking, break the eggs into a bowl and add cream and a touch of salt (the cream protects the fragile nutrient in the egg while the fat in the cream helps absorb vitamin A from the egg. yolk and butter).
- Lightly whip the eggs and cream (don't too long or the omelet will be hard).
- Add the butter to the pan and coat the entire surface, tilt the pan and slowly add the egg mixture.
- Reduce the heat to medium and wait for the underside to brown slightly.
- Once cooked, add the chives, cilantro, avocado slices and cheese on top, set the temperature to low.
- Flip the omelet in half with a spatula. Leave one side to cook and turn over. Be careful not to overcook.
- Slide the omelet onto the plate and enjoy. You can garnish with salt and pepper, salsa or eat with sprouted grain toast not forgetting the butter.
A few words in conclusion
Even if taking care of your pet takes a long time, try to use every good sleep moment to stimulate lactation. Be confident in yourself and don't let stress fall over you. Professional help is not lacking. And above all, avoid bottles that can disrupt natural lactation. If the infant is crying, look for the cause, as calming a baby's crying is also an important factor in stimulating regular and sufficient lactation.
How to stimulate her memory and keep her awake as long as possible? Focus on our ideas for a healthy and fulfilling life
The days are getting shorter and shorter and winter will soon arrive with full force. During this period, we feel tired and we have the impression that the winter blues are knocking on the door. Today, Deavita explains how to fight this melancholy state with the help of anti-fatigue foods
By introducing various stimuli into their world, young mothers and fathers encourage their little ones in their integral development. But which 1 year old baby activity to choose to arouse his curiosity, improve his motor skills and introduce him to the magic of spoken language?
Did you know that the sensory bottle could stimulate the development of your baby's visual and auditory senses? So, it is quite possible and we will show you how to make such a creative and original toy
Deavita will offer you some great recipes to make your vegan pancakes perfect! Because vegan rhymes with greed and simplicity