Table of contents:
Video: Sushi Burger: The New Healthy Burger To Taste
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 09:49
Do you love sushi but are you also a fan of fast food? Thanks to the new gourmet trend of the moment, you can enjoy them both in one product - the sushi burger. Good, healthy, gluten-free and more digestible, this hybrid creation has it all. The idea was born in South Korea and its popularity is booming with fans of healthy food. After the Oshizushi pressed sushi and the avocado burger, the time has come to try and taste the sushi burger - the new gastronomic phenomenon!
Sushi burger: what is it?
A hybrid between burger and sushi, the concept of the sushi burger is simple and consists of replacing the traditional bun with rice cakes. The interior of the burger is an entirely personal choice. Depending on your taste, you can concoct an oriental burger with salmon, sashimi, wakame, avocado and ginger or American style, made with bacon and minced meat, cheese, barbecue sauce etc. In general, the components of the sushi burger are exotic and make you think of a real sushi. We find in particular:
• Classic sushi rice
• Salmon or tuna
Teriyaki chicken • Seaweed-wakame
• Avocado or cucumber slices
• Salty or sweet sauce
Sushi burger with teriyaki chicken
Ingredients for the rice cakes:
• 8 cups cooked Japanese round rice
• 1 tbsp. tablespoon sesame oil
• ½ tsp. Sichimi Togarashi chili flakes
• 1 tsp. white sesame seeds
• Nori, to garnish
For the Teriyaki Chicken:
• 450 g skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
• 2 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. tablespoon of grape seed oil
• 2 tbsp. tablespoon of sake
• 1 tbsp. of honey
• 1 tbsp. tablespoon of mirin
• 1 tbsp. tablespoon soy sauce
1. Start with the preparation of the chicken. Put the chicken pieces, the ginger and the salt in a bowl and mix everything together. Cover and reserve in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. To make the rice cakes, spray egg rings with vegetable oil. Then take a handful of rice, pour the contents into an egg ring and pack well so that the rice sticks together. Gently press the patty to release it from the mold. Repeat with the remaining rice.
3. Heat a large skillet over low heat with ½ tsp. tablespoon of sesame oil then add 4 rice cakes. Cook them until lightly browned on each side. Once off the heat, sprinkle the pancakes with sesame seeds and chili flakes. Repeat with sesame oil and the remaining rice cakes.
4. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and pat it dry with paper towels. If necessary, remove some of the ginger. Make sure the pan is still hot and put the chicken in it. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned on all sides. Add 1 tsp. of sake and immediately cover to steam the chicken, about 2-3 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the sake, honey, mirin and soybeans and mix everything together. Remove the lid from the pan, add the sake mixture to it, turn up the heat, and while the mixture is bubbling, coat the chicken in the sauce. When the mixture has thickened, remove from the heat.
6. To assemble the sushi burger, top a rice cake with lettuce, add the teriyaki chicken, then cover with another rice cake. Decorate with a piece of nori.
Sushi burger with salmon
• 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
• 1 small grated onion
• 1 garlic, finely chopped
• 2 cans (170 g) sockeye salmon, skinless, boneless, drained
• 2 green onions, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp. tonkatsu sauce
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 pinch of salt and pepper
• Small round metal mussels
• 5 cups of cooked rice - jasmine or sushi rice
• Tonkatsu sauce
mayo - Kewpie • Japanese furikake
For the fish pancakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
2. Place breadcrumbs and grated onion (including juice) in a bowl and mix. Add the rest of the ingredients except the salmon. Mix.
3. Finally add the salmon, stirring gently.
4. Place a metal mold on a greased baking sheet and pour the mixture into it to make a patty about 2.5 cm thick. Pat lightly and spray the top with oil. Repeat for the rest of the salmon mixture.
5. Cook in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes. Turn the patties over, spray them with a little more oil and cook for another five minutes.
For the rice buns:
6. Heat a large greased skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Place the same round metal molds in the hot pan, then fill them with cooked rice. Press lightly to make buns about 1 inch thick.
8. Cook them until the fons are lightly golden, then turn them over and repeat.
To assemble the sushi burgers take a rice pancake, place lettuce, a salmon pancake, sprinkle with Japanese mayo and Tonkatsu sauce. To make the top pancake, pack some cooked rice on a small round bowl, then unmold it to get the top. Sprinkle with Furikake for more crunch!
Rainbow sushi burger
• 1 ½ cups of cooked Japanese rice
• Red cabbage
• Black sesame seeds • Salt and pepper
• 1 Nori leaf
For the Sriracha mayo sauce:
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1-2 tbsp. teaspoon Sriracha sauce
• 1 pinch of salt and pepper
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Then let it cool.
2. In the meantime, prepare the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce.
3. Shape the cooked rice, already cooled, into small rolls with wet hands.
4. Put your toppings on the bottom rice cake, add the sauce, add a second rice cake and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
How to prepare the perfect rice cakes?
In order to concoct a sushi burger worthy of the name, it is necessary that the preparation contains certain ingredients typical of sushi. Rice vinegar, round Japanese rice, nori leaves, pickled ginger, and sesame seeds are just a small part of it. To prepare excellent sushi-style rice cakes, you need to make a special seasoning to pour over the rice. Just mix 2 tbsp. of rice vinegar with 1 tbsp. salt and 1 tsp. brown sugar. Mix everything and pour over the cooked rice while still hot.
Some useful tips
1. Regarding the preparation of the rice, you can either follow the instructions on the package, or use a steamer, a food processor or just a rice pot. After cooking, spread the rice in a dish and let it cool to room temperature.
2. Regarding the rice cakes, to obtain the best possible result, it is recommended to cut squares of nori sheets, a little larger than the desired size for the rice cakes. Use a cookie cutter to make the patties. Tamp the rice well. Place each patty on the nori sheet.
3. So that the rice does not stick everywhere, it is important to moisten your fingers well when making the rice cakes.
4. Use a small, damp bowl to make the top patty.
5. In order to form the buns, you can also use ramekins. Don't forget to slip a piece of cellophane into each ramekin before adding the rice. Tamp the rice, then remove the cake by pulling the edges of the cellophane protruding.
* Sushi burger with teriyaki chicken: recipe from chewtown.com
Do you want to have a balanced meal? It's easier than ever with sushi jar (sushi jar)! Prepare this delicacy with our 3 recipes
Add some cheerfulness and spring to your plate with the avocado rose. This is the new trend that is blooming on social networks
If you are looking for a healthy, vegetarian and gluten-free meal, go for cauliflower rice and all its variations
A good Danish armchair to relax after a long week of work? Here's what your interior space is probably missing
Are you looking for low-calorie snack ideas to treat yourself to in the summer? Deavita.fr invites you to discover the dietetic dessert in 10 super delicious variations. Prepare a strawberry sorbet, grilled peaches, frozen yogurt etc