Table of contents:
- What are the causes of the appearance of dark circles under the eyes?
- The two main types of dark circles under the eyes
- Homemade concealer mask: 7 refreshing ideas to banish fatigue from your face
Video: Homemade Concealer Mask: 7 Natural Ideas To Test
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
Stress, lack of sleep and several hours spent in front of the computer screen - all these ailments of the century leave traces on our physical appearance and especially on the eye area. And these are just some of the reasons for the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. Fortunately, there are many home remedies available to treat them as naturally as possible without resorting to cosmetic products that often contain too many chemicals. And in this vein, today, Deavita.fr is going to present the homemade concealer mask in a few fresh ideas where 100% natural ingredients will restore radiance to the eye area! What is more, we will also look at the causes of the appearance of dark circles. Hold the line !
What are the causes of the appearance of dark circles under the eyes?
Several are the factors that can lead to the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. From fatigue to stress through allergies and of course age. And before we move on to our homemade concealer mask ideas, let's first decipher the most common causes of their formation. Once these are revealed, you will realize that certain daily habits are really bad for your health and that eliminating them will guarantee you a fresh and rested look.
- Fatigue: Fatigue is one of the most common factors that leave lasting marks on the eyes. Sleeping too long or on the contrary, short, insufficient and poor quality sleep can also contribute to the formation of dark circles under the eyes. Typically, sleep deprivation makes the skin dull and pale, which brings out dark tissue and blood vessels below the skin's surface.
- Visual fatigue: Related to working on a screen, eye strain significantly affects the eyes and causes the blood vessels around the eyes to widen. As a result, the skin surrounding the eyes becomes darker.
- Age: Natural aging is another common cause of the formation of dark circles under the eyes because as we age, the skin thins and we lose the fat and collagen, necessary to maintain its elasticity. This process makes the blood vessels below the skin surface more visible, which darkens the area under the eyes.
- Allergies: During an allergic reaction, the body releases histamines to counter harmful bacteria. In addition to causing bothersome symptoms such as itchy, redness, and swollen eyes, histamines also cause the blood vessels under the skin to dilate by making them visible. Allergies increase the need to rub your eyes and scratch the skin around them, which further worsens symptoms and causes inflammation.
- Dehydration: When the body is not sufficiently hydrated, the skin under the eyes becomes dull and dark circles appear.
- Overexposure to the Sun: Excessive exposure to the sun could lead to an overproduction of melanin, the pigment that gives skin color. UV rays can therefore darken the skin surface. This is why optimal sun protection is essential in summer and winter.
- Genetics: Hereditary traits also play a role in the development of dark circles under the eyes. In some severe cases, they form in childhood and can either get worse over time or slowly go away. Predispositions to other medical conditions like thyroid disease can also cause dark circles to appear.
The two main types of dark circles under the eyes
Blue or purple dark circles are linked to poor circulation and are most often caused by fatigue. When blood circulation is compromised, it stagnates, resulting in the formation of bluish or purple halos.
On the other hand, golden or dark circles are associated with excessive production of melanin. Also called dark circles, these shades are hereditary and mainly concern Mediterranean skin.
Homemade concealer mask: 7 refreshing ideas to banish fatigue from your face
Homemade concealer mask is a great option to drive fatigue from your face, rejuvenate it and enjoy a healthy glow. What is more, thanks to the natural ingredients, you will spare your skin from the effects of chemicals being contained in cosmetic items. To avoid missteps, make sure you are not allergic to the substances used.
Homemade concealer mask with parsley for every budget
Are you looking for a 100% natural and inexpensive dark circles remedy? So, Deavita.fr is always at your side to offer you appropriate and effective care. Our first idea offers a beneficial blend of vitamin C, K and chlorophyll. These three important elements are contained in parsley and help in lightening the skin as well as reducing bags under the eyes, age spots and dark circles. To concoct this homemade concealer mask, roughly chop a handful of parsley and grind it until the leaves release juice. Then add a tablespoon of yogurt and stir well. Apply to the area under the eyes and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Repeat twice a week.
DIY natural mask for dark circles based on turmeric and milk
Highly appreciated by women around the world, the benefits of turmeric for the skin are miraculous and can treat many skin diseases such as acne, eczema, etc. What's more, this star spice is also known to be able to lighten the complexion and erase the circles under the eyes. So, mix 1 tbsp. turmeric with 1 tbsp. of milk in a small bowl. Apply carefully under the eyes with a brush. Leave the homemade concealer mask on for 15 minutes.
Potato slices as a natural concealer remedy
Potato slices work similarly to cucumber - they cool the skin, which can reduce vascular congestion and improve the appearance of the affected area. However, potatoes contain catecholas, an enzyme capable of promoting the production of melanin, which can darken the skin.
Solution against dark circles under the eyes: cucumber and rose water
The following homemade concealer mask not only helps against this common problem but also helps in reducing puffiness and proves to be ultimate skin relief. So, combine half a cucumber with 30 ml of rose water in the bowl of your blender and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Then, cut a makeup pad in half, soak the pieces in the preparation, drain them and freeze. Defrost the pieces 10 minutes before use. Finally, apply to the area under the eyes and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
Homemade eye mask for dark circles that combines milk with baking soda
The uses of baking soda are really endless: from cleaning the house to the garden through many beauty tips. So what do you think of a homemade concealer mask that combines milk with baking soda? This natural recipe soothes tired eyes by making them look healthy. Mix 4 tbsp of milk with 2 tbsp of baking soda until creamy and refrigerate. 20-30 minutes later, apply the preparation under your eyes and leave on for about 20 minutes. Finally, remove the mask with cold water.
Home concealer treatments with coffee
To firm and hydrate the skin while erasing the circles under the eyes, we offer you a homemade concealer mask that can even reduce inflammation. So, mix 1 tbsp. of ground coffee beans with 1 tbsp. aloe vera and vitamin E oil. Stir well to obtain a fine paste. Then apply the preparation in a thick layer under the eyes. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and remove with a damp cloth. Rinse off the excess with cold water and dry the area well.
Note that this homemade concealer mask can also be made with coffee grounds. To do this, combine 1 tsp. fresh coffee grounds with 1 tbsp. of honey and water. Apply the resulting paste under the eyes and wipe off with a damp cloth after 7-10 minutes.
Aloe Vera, carrot and egg white: a bizarre but effective combination
Packed with vitamin A, carrots are an excellent ingredient in fighting wrinkles but are also valued for their ability to soften the skin around the eyes while removing dark circles and contributing to a healthy, youthful appearance. The proteins in egg white help firm the skin while aloe vera enriches it with anti-inflammatory agents aimed at calming irritation and redness.
So, combine the following ingredients in a bowl and mix until you obtain a frothy preparation: 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon of grated carrot and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera. Then apply around and under the eyes with a brush and leave on for 15-30 minutes. Finally, rinse it off with cold water.