Table of contents:
Video: What Is The Best Home Insurance For Your Needs?
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
Despite all precautions, it is unrealistic to believe that any domestic accident causing bodily harm and material damage can be avoided. To protect your family and your home against possible disasters, it is essential to take out home insurance. As the range of insurers continues to expand, how do you know which insurance to choose exactly to ensure your coverage needs are met perfectly? This article lifts the veil.
Multi-risk home insurance: the solution that covers your real needs
In order to choose the best home insurance, you need to get a feel for your real needs. Based on it, you can personalize your contract by adding tailor-made options and thus refine your choice according to your budget. If you are not aware of the different compensation formulas and guarantees, we will clear things up.
What are the important guarantees for your home?
It is important to keep in mind that the Civil Liability guarantee, which does not cover certain claims, is not enough for you to live more serenely. On the other hand, unlike this one, multi-risk home insurance, like MACIF insurance, covers your movable and immovable property in the event of a claim (within the contractual limits) and guarantees you home assistance in the event of an emergency.. You are also covered by the Civil Liability guarantee of your home insurance.
Here is a list of the most important guarantees for your home that a good insurance should include:
1. Fires are one of the main risks against which to insure your house / apartment. Whether it is a dilapidated electrical installation, malfunction of electrical devices or lightning, a fire is a disaster that cannot be foreseen and which comes when you least expect it.
* Take into account that damage caused by electrical damage or lightning is not necessarily included in home insurance. To avoid any unpleasant surprises, check the general conditions of your contract carefully.
2. Water leaks, broken pipes not buried, leaks from a radiator or a household appliance, overflow from a bathtub, water infiltration under the roof: these are all reasons for damage. waters. The cover damage caused depends on your home insurance policy. The basic guarantees do not cover certain events (for example: water infiltration through a terrace, a balcony or sanitary facilities; overflows of water containers etc.). But it is possible to add these to your contract as an option. In any case, comprehensive home insurance offers solid and flexible guarantees that will meet your needs and your lifestyle.
3. The ideal home insurance is one that also covers damage caused by theft or vandalism. The theft guarantee is generally present in multi-risk contracts and covers your property more specifically in the event of thefts committed by break-in, carried out using false keys or which were accompanied by threats or violence. If a theft occurs, your insurance will cover your furniture, valuables and mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, laptop, camera, GPS etc.).
4. High winds, snowfall or a hailstorm - it is not uncommon for natural disasters to cause damage. Fortunately, the storm cover (or forces of nature) is included in many home insurance contracts. You still have to check the conditions of your contract because this type of guarantee is not mandatory. Remember that you have 5 days to contact your insurer and make your declaration. It is advisable to take photos of the damage (before taking any necessary safeguard measures), as well as grouping together any invoices on damaged goods that you have.