Table of contents:
- Extraction and quality of essential oils
- The best synergies of essential oils depending on the problem to be treated
Video: Synergies Of Essential Oils In Rolling Bottles: DIY Recipes
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
Aromatherapy is gaining more and more popularity, and with good reason. It is in fact a gentle, preventive and curative alternative medicine which uses plant essences (essential oils) as the main therapeutic agents. Therapy through different synergies of essential oils is recommended to naturally remedy various everyday ailments. It is also known to relieve stress, calm and soothe the mind and regenerate the body. There are several ways to use essential oils. In this article, we focus on their use on the skin.
Extraction and quality of essential oils
The extraction of an essential oil is carried out by a process of steam distillation. Several parts of the plant can be distilled: flowers, leaves, twigs, bark, roots, stems, zest etc. It is the chemical composition of an essential oil on which its benefits depend. For information, the chemical composition depends on the conditions of production and harvest. This explains why the choice of a quality essential oil is essential to be able to benefit from the therapeutic virtues of the product. It is advisable to favor artisanal production and to look for organic products. Beware of the words "100% natural". It does not mean that it is a certified organic production, but quite simply that the essential oil is neither diluted nor modified. By choosing,it is also important to pay attention to the distilled part of the plant. Why ? Each of the distilled parts gives distinct molecules, therefore the essential oils which are extracted from it have different characteristics.
Synergies of essential oils: the different ways of use
Essential oils can be used alone or in combination (synergies) to produce the desired effect. They can be applied by air, internally or externally. Whatever it is, it is imperative to handle them with caution, because they are powerful active molecules.
The most common use is inhalation. In fact, it is the fastest way to get essential oils into the body and get the effect you want immediately. A simple inhalation is enough to improve emotional well-being, relaxation and calm. All you need to do to enjoy a synergy of essential oils is to pour a few drops into a bowl of hot water and breathe in the vapors. You can also use a suitable diffuser operating by misting (sending micro droplets into the air), nebulization (by forced air) or by capillary action (using a candle).
Alone or in synergy, essential oils can also be applied through the skin. Once penetrated into the skin, they are absorbed into the blood stream and circulate throughout the body. This is how they act to target various pathologies (pain, depression and anxiety, insomnia, etc.), provide relaxation and relaxation, promote physical and spiritual regeneration, etc. Usually, essential oils are applied to the body during a massage. But there is a simple and original approach to be able to benefit from the virtues of aromatherapy anytime and anywhere. It consists of putting your favorite essential oil synergies in a rolling bottle. You can take it everywhere with you: in your handbag, in your pocket or even in your glove compartment.
Warning: since essential oils are very concentrated (about 75 times more concentrated than the dried extracts of the plant), they should not be applied to the skin as is but rather diluted. The essential oils of lavender and tea tree are exceptions to this rule.
Synergies of essential oils in a rolling bottle: how to dilute them correctly?
Since the synergies of essential oils in a rolling bottle are applied directly to the skin, they must be diluted in another neutral oil of your choice. Depending on your taste, you can choose from the following oils: sweet almond, jojoba, grape seed, olive, avocado and sunflower. They all fit perfectly. Depending on the oil, the dilution rate differs between 1% and 5%. In practice, this means that for 30 ml of neutral oil, you can add between 6 and 30 drops of essential oil.
The best synergies of essential oils depending on the problem to be treated
Stress? Low morale? Tired ? Your body is sending you warnings that it is time to take care of your well-being. The good synergy of essential oils would act on your nervous system and bring you the serenity and relaxation you need. Just mix the oils listed below and put them in the applicator tube. Apply to back of neck, sides of neck, wrist, soles of feet and Cupid's bow.
8 drops of lavender essential oil
6 drops of copaiba essential oil
5 drops of essential oil of bergamot
4 drops of essential oil of lemon
Pour the EOs listed in the bottle provided and cover with the neutral vegetable oil of your choice.
A recipe for calming synergy
The synergy of essential oils that follows would help calm emotions and promote sleep and falling asleep.
8 drops of EO of frankincense or olibanum
6 drops of EO of Roman chamomile
5 drops of EO of vetiver
4 drops of EO of cedar (wood)
Mix the essential oils and fill the rolling bottle with them. Complete with neutral oil of your choice.
To sleep well
10 drops of EO of cedar
5 drops of EO of chamomile
3 drops of EO of vetiver
* Apply to neck and wrists before going to sleep
Synergy serenity and rest
6 drops of EO of lavender
5 drops of EO of bergamot
3 drops of EO of Scots pine
2 drops of EO of sandalwood
* Apply to the wrists and the heart area
To maximize your immune system
The following synergy of essential oils helps strengthen the immune system. Apply it to your wrists before and after running, especially during cold and flu season.
Apply this synergy of oils to the soles of the feet and along the spine. In case of breathing problems, you can also apply it on the chest. The oils will help open the airways and promote breathing.
8 drops of EO of eucalyptus
6 drops of EO of wild orange
5 drops of EO of frankincense
4 drops of EO of clove
Pour all the oils into the bottle, then cover with vegetable oil. Close and stir.
To boost immunity: recipe № 2
5 drops of EO of tea tree
5 drops of EO of eucalyptus
5 drops of EO of lemon
5 drops of EO of Niaouli
5 drops of EO of ravinstara
10 ml of liquid vegetable oil
6 synergies of essential oils to relieve headaches
Episodic or chronic, headaches are a real headache. Several factors can be the cause: lack of sleep, fatigue, overwork, abuse of caffeine, noise, screens, odors etc. Try out these essential oil synergies to get rid of headaches.
• 8 drops of EO of peppermint + 4 drops of EO of lavender + 3 drops of EO of incense
• 6 drops of EO of lavender + 3 drops of EO of eucalyptus + 3 drops of EO of frankincense of peppermint + 3 drops of EO of rosemary
• 6 drops of EO of peppermint + 3 drops of EO of eucalyptus + 3 drops of EO of frankincense + 3 drops of EO of lavender
• 6 drops of EO of 'EO of lavender + 6 drops of EO of Damascus rose + 3 drops of EO of chamomile
• 7 drops of EO of rosemary + 4 drops of EO of eucalyptus + 4 drops of EO of lavender
• 5 drops of lavender EO + 5 drops of EO peppermint EO + 5 drops of rosemary EO
* As a neutral oil: fractionated coconut oil
* Apply to temples, wrists, sole of the foot or behind the ears.
Other applications of essential oils
Essential oils find many different applications in the field of beauty, well-being and household.
1. You can use them for the manufacture of household products: homemade laundry, DIY dishwasher tablets, fridge deodorant or to clean the microwave;
2. Essential oils are an essential ingredient in homemade beauty products: for example homemade solid shampoo or DIY dry shampoo, homemade toothpaste and even mouthwash solution;
3. Essential oils are a great home fragrance! Either as a diffuser or as an aromatic lamp, it only takes a few drops for the whole house to be filled with perfume. We even add it to the Christmas potpourri;
4. Certain essential oils do a great job of repelling mosquitoes: for example, essential oils of citronella and lavender;
5. They are used in different DIY projects: for example homemade shower bombs, DIY lavender sachet etc. They also help to clean the mattress and remove bad odors from shoes.