Table of contents:
Video: Pomegranate Smoothie: A Safe Ally To Boost Your Health In Winter
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
In the height of pomegranate season, it would be a shame not to take advantage of its countless health benefits. Its juicy little seeds are a great addition to a variety of healthy dishes, including breakfasts, salads and desserts. Good news for fans of vitamin-enriched winter smoothies: the pomegranate smoothie is the new snack packed with nutrients and flavors to try without delay.
Pomegranate: a fruit with powerful health benefits
Used for thousands of years in traditional and ancestral medicines, the pomegranate is a wonderful fruit with powerful health benefits. Being an excellent antioxidant companion, pomegranate helps the body to recover quickly after illness and to cope with lack of tone. Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, the fruit recharges and revitalizes the body in depth. In addition, it helps to strengthen the immune system to fight the flu. A precious ally in the purification of blood and lymph, it is an essential element for a complete detox of the body. Pomegranate acts as a blood pressure regulator and helps balance heart function. Thanks to its anti-aging and antioxidant action, it purifies the skin while stopping premature aging.
The antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of the fruit make it a valuable ally in the fight against several chronic diseases (among which: type 2 diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer's disease, cardiovascular diseases and obesity).
Pomegranate, Mandarin and Cranberry Smoothie
• ½ cup cranberries
• 1 pomegranate
• 2 tangerines
• 4 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Fluff the pomegranate. Reserve a few seeds for decoration and put the rest in the blender bowl.
2. Pass the pomegranate seeds in a blender.
3. Peel the mandarins. Place them in the blender bowl with the cranberries.
4. Mix until smooth.
5. Pour the smoothie into a glass and garnish it with some cranberries and pomegranate seeds.
Pomegranate + pear + strawberry + ginger smoothie recipe
• 1 cup pears, chopped
• 1 large banana
• ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
• 2 cups frozen strawberries
• 2 tbsp. 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
• 1 cup ice cubes
• 1 cup freshly squeezed pomegranate juice
Place all the ingredients in the blender bowl. Blend for 90 seconds until you get a thick, creamy consistency. Pour the smoothie into 2 glasses, garnishing with pear slices and pomegranate seeds.
Healthy pomegranate, grapefruit and almond smoothie
• ¼ cup almonds
• 1 medium banana
• 1 grapefruit (pressed)
• 1 medium pomegranate (seeded)
Put all the ingredients in the blender bowl with as much water as needed. Mix until you get a creamy mixture. Enjoy!
Pomegranate and red berry smoothie
• 1 cup of freshly squeezed pomegranate juice
• 1 ripe banana
• 1 cup of frozen blueberries
• 1 cup of frozen strawberries
• ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds for garnish
Mix the ingredients until you get a smooth consistency. Pour into a glass and garnish with pomegranate seeds and hemp seeds.
Pomegranate and kiwi smoothie
• 3 kiwis
• 1 tbsp. of cane sugar
• Lime juice to taste
• ½ cup pomegranate seeds (+ extra for garnish)
Vitamin smoothie with pomegranate and lemon
• ¼ cup of frozen pomegranate seeds
• ¼ cup of frozen blueberries
• ½ cup of frozen mango
• 1 small whole lemon, frozen, with the peel
• 1 whole frozen kiwi (peeled beforehand)
• 1 cup of almond milk not sweet
• 1 tsp. chia seeds
• 1 tbsp. tablespoons of hemp seeds
• 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
Put all the ingredients in the blender bowl. Blend on high power until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If necessary, add 1 tsp. additional tablespoon of almond milk.
Pomegranate, red berry and coconut milk smoothie bowl
• 1 cup of fresh pomegranate seeds
• 1 banana
• ½ cup of strawberries (or other frozen berries)
• ½ cup of coconut or almond milk
Put all the ingredients in the blender bowl and blend until you get the desired thickness. If necessary, add more vegetable milk of your choice. Pour the mixture into a bowl and garnish with chia seeds, pomegranate seeds, coconut flakes and cocoa nibs.