Table of contents:
Video: Homemade Lip Balm - 5 Easy Recipes To Try In Winter
Who wouldn't want soft, full lips? One of the best things you can do for them is provide them with the necessary daily care. The skin on your lips is very sensitive and it is often the victim of your lifestyle, the weather conditions and certain lipsticks. It's time you paid attention to your pout if you are suffering from dry, itchy, chapped lips. And what could be better than using natural ingredients to hydrate them and help them heal faster? You can create your own lip balm which is specially tailored to your needs and which is 100% natural. Homemade lip balm also makes a great gift for your friends and loved ones!Read on to find out how to make homemade lip balms using ingredients you find in your kitchen. It's simple as hello !
Homemade lip balm that will protect you during the winter days
Lip care should be an essential part of our beauty rituals, but unfortunately they are very often neglected. That's why, today, we are highlighting them with 5 homemade lip balm recipes that will revitalize and protect them in winter. In addition, we will use only natural products such as essential oils, vitamins, herbs and various fruits.
Healing and repairing lip balm
Are you looking for an effective way to protect your skin from the cold and to treat your chapped lips? Do not search anymore ! Bet on the synergy of essential oils and in just five minutes you will have a miracle lip balm. See everything you need:
- 2 tbsp. 1 tbsp jojoba wax (or beeswax for non-vegans)
- 1 1/2 tsp. tablespoon of castor oil
- 1 C. tablespoon of hemp oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 5 drops of lemon balm essential oil
- 5 drops of sweet orange essential oil
- 1/8 c. 1/4 teaspoon blue mica (optional)
- Add jojoba wax, coconut oil, castor oil, and hemp seed oil to a heatproof container. The ideal is to use a measuring cup with a spout.
- Heat in a double boiler over low heat until the wax has melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir until the ingredients for the lip balm are well combined. If you're using mica, now is the time to add it.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the essential oils of lemon balm and sweet orange. Mix well.
- Pour the lip balm mixture into jars or tubes.
Hydrating lip balm
Say goodbye to damaged lips with this homemade lip balm recipe. It is simple but very effective. The star ingredient of this DIY product is shea butter. We know its benefits, so without further ado here are the necessary components:
- 15 g (1 1/8 tbsp.) Pure shea butter
- 20 g (1 1/4 tbsp) coconut oil
- 10 g (1 tbsp) beeswax
- 5 drops of essential oil or vegetable oil of your choice (e.g. raspberry, cherry, peppermint)
Add the shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax to a bowl. Melt in the microwave on medium power at one minute intervals until the beeswax is completely melted. Stir between each interval so that the mixture is perfect. At the end, add 10 drops of essential oil. To give that pink color to your homemade balm, put a small piece of lipstick in the bowl before putting it in the microwave. It's a great way to use up leftover cosmetic products.
Homemade raspberry lip balm
You only need these 4 ingredients to make your own raspberry lip balm:
- 1 to 2 tsp. tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 C. ground freeze-dried raspberries, add more if necessary
- 1 / 2-1 tsp. of beeswax for a firmer consistency
- 3 drops of lemon oil
Grind the raspberries in a coffee grinder until you obtain a very fine powder. Melt the coconut oil and beeswax and at the end add the lemon oil.
The antioxidants and ellagic acid in raspberries can keep the skin healthy and rejuvenated. They are rich in vitamin C and will also protect you from UV damage.
Vanilla and orange homemade lip balm
The ingredients you need:
- 1 C. coconut oil
- 1 C. tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tbsp. grated beeswax
- 2 tbsp. 1 teaspoon shea butter
- 6-8 drops of orange essential oil
- 1/8 of c. vanilla extract
- Add the oils (except the orange one), beeswax and shea butter to the double boiler and let the ingredients melt over medium heat.
- Stir the ingredients to mix them well.
- Once you remove the mixture from the heat, add the orange essential oil and vanilla extract and stir again.
- Transfer the preparation slowly into jars or boxes of lip balm.
Bee propolis balm
- 5 c. melted beeswax
- 5 c. macerated calendula oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. 1 teaspoon of lavender oil
- 15 ml of bee propolis liquid extract (no homeopathic tincture)
Melt the beeswax in a small ramekin. Add the calendula oil and keep stirring until combined and melted. Carefully remove the ramekin from the heat and add the lavender and propolis. Let cool a bit, but keep stirring so that the mixture does not harden unevenly. When the preparation begins to harden a little, melt it again, stirring constantly. Remove again and continue mixing until the lip balm has cooled down a bit. Then add it to the small jars.
Decorate the jars to create a sentimental DIY Christmas gift
Store your lip balms in the fridge for six months