Table of contents:
- Suit for women: the essential of the feminine wardrobe and its metamorphosis
- Materials that are a hit
Video: Women's Suit: The Main Trends For 2020
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
The complexity and the high speed of contemporary life are more and more felt. Today, you have to be creative on a daily basis to find the time to see your friends, play sports or just relax. The rushed lifestyle explains the desire and the need of the woman to dress in quality clothes, which suit her pace of life and at the same time are elegant and comfortable. And it is the tailor who occupies the place of honor in the dressing room of each lady juggling between career, family and social life. Here's what the 2020 trends in women's tailoring have in store for us.
Suit for women: the essential of the feminine wardrobe and its metamorphosis
The women's suit has never been so popular. Practical, comfortable and super chic, this timeless feminine wardrobe is a must for any woman wishing to be impeccable both in the office and in the street. But the costume that we knew has changed over the years by adapting to emerging trends. Today, the women's suit seduces us with either feminine or oversized cuts, a variety of colors ranging from subtle to vibrant, trendy materials, bold prints and patterns and interesting lengths. In the following paragraphs, we reveal the trends that will mark the year 2020.
Materials that are a hit
1. Pure or mixed wool remains the flagship material of the classic women's suit. Ideal for a good everyday costume, this material brings both elegance and style. Its thermoregulating properties make it a perfect choice for mid-season, but also for summer and winter. Wool is the basic material for all blends and it is not uncommon to associate it with cashmere, as an armor against the cold, or even with linen and cotton to stay cool in summer.
2. The retro trend is currently in fashion. Nothing surprising, therefore, in the return of certain forgotten materials. The famous tweed reappears in the spotlight more trendy than ever. Combining retro and modernity, the women's tweed suit seduces with its new feminine cuts and its superb variety of colors and textures. It is an ideal choice for the cold months.
3. Glamorous and chic, velvet came back into fashion a few years ago. As formal as it is casual, the velvet suit quickly established itself as one of the key trends for the cold seasons. As for colors, we can afford more daring by opting for shades such as burgundy, emerald, royal blue or even powder pink.
Styles, cuts and lengths that make us crack
4. The style of the contemporary women's suit varies from feminine to masculine. No surprise, because today's fashion doesn't like rules at all. Either ultra feminine, or frankly boyish, there are cuts for all tastes and all body types. Obviously, in a work environment, you have to respect the dress code and not allow yourself too much fantasy.
5. When it comes to the lengths of a modern women's suit, there is only one surprise, but it is significant. The skirt remains classic, pencil or straight, and its preferred length goes down to the knee, or just above.
6. But so as not to go unnoticed in your tailor-made suit, you can try on the flagship materials of the year. For example, a total tweed look is guaranteed to capture the attention of those around you.
7. The pants offered more variety last season. A high waist to highlight the figure, a cigarette shape that emphasizes the legs and, of course, the length that makes the big difference. The trend that has emerged and will continue to prevail, encourages women to swap the classic pants going down to the ankle for a 7/8 model, and not only. A flagship item for spring 2019, the women's Bermuda-style suit has totally revolutionized women's business fashion. Frankly chic and undeniably comfortable, stylish shorts paired with matching jackets have brought more variety to the modern woman's wardrobe.