Table of contents:
Video: Christmas Decoration To Hang To Make Yourself - Top Design Ideas
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
The magic of each holiday is in the creation of its own ornaments. This is especially true for year-end celebrations. In the DIY festive decoration, we put part of ourselves and our imagination. Today, we are going to explain to you how to make some simple Christmas decoration ideas to hang to instill a feeling of comfort and warmth, as well as joy and good humor in your home. Follow us !
The homemade Christmas hanging decoration is a must in modern decor. How to make yourself?
Why not try to take the festive mood and energy of your surroundings to the next level this year? Christmas is a celebration that has strong ties to Scandinavian culture. The party is once again upon us and given its traditions and strong roots, it is only fitting that you consider a Nordic approach to decorating your home. As one might think, the elements symbolizing winter will be present in any decorative scheme: the predominant colors white, red, green and gray, and plants specific to the winter landscape such as pine branches or mistletoe. Sure enough, Christmas ornaments don't have to cost a fortune - using simple materials like felt, paper, ribbon, and the fir baubles you already have,you can boost the beauty of your decor with less effort. All you need to do is hang your unique pieces on the wall or ceiling.
DIY Christmas pendant light with glass bottles
- glass bottles
- craft painting
- craft glue
- decorative stickers
- led garlands
- long wooden stick
1. Start by decorating the outer surface of the bottles with paint and stickers. You could as well apply glue to the glass and sprinkle some glitter to create a beautiful sparkle effect. Remember to let it dry before continuing your work!
2. Tie a knot at the bottom of an extra-long piece of string, punch a hole in the bottle cap, and thread the string through. Repeat this for all the caps.
3. Fill the bottles with glitter and LED garlands.
4. After applying a small amount of glue to the throat of the bottle, install the cap in its place. The glue is to ensure that the bottle does not slip. Do the same for all the bottles.
5. Using the excess string from the bottles, tie a knot and hang them all on a wooden stick. Secure the strings with craft glue.
6. It is up to you to decide where to place your suspension.
Christmas wall decoration to make yourself
- wooden table leg
- craft plates
- plank of wood
- scrapbooking paper
- White paint
- gray paint
1. First, paint the table leg and craft plates white and let dry. Use a dry paintbrush with a small amount of gray paint to create a patina effect.
2. Then cut letters out of scrapbooking paper and glue them to the plates.
3. Nail the plates to the wooden board to create a sign.
4. Next, add hooks to the table leg.
8. Hang the sign on the hooks using the chain.
Make a Christmas felt pendant light for the window or the door handle
Handles on interior doors, cabinets and windows in the home are often underestimated as a possible place to decorate. But did you know that you can use them to give a festive atmosphere to your home in a discreet way? It's very easy.
- white felt
- Golden thread
- small silver beads
- small white pompoms
- red and white striped ribbon
1. First, tie a knot in the gold thread and put on a silver bead and a pompom.
2. Cut 6 circles out of white felt. Make sure they grow in size 2.5; 5; 7.5 inches; 10 cm, and so on. The easiest way to do this is to fold your material in half and cut out semicircles. Also, the circles don't have to be perfect.
3. Next, make the felt circles in rolls and begin to thread by alternating a roll, a silver bead, a pompom and another bead. The larger circle of felt should be laid out first. Set aside while you make the ribbon star.
4. Cut 6 equal pieces of ribbon 2.5 cm wide. Next, carefully cut the corners of each ribbon so that you have pointed ends.
5. Sew the pieces together. Arrange 3 of the star shaped pieces, then sew them together in the middle and add a silver bead. Then, thread the other 3 pieces of ribbon on the back (again in the shape of a star) and add another silver bead. Twist the fabric. Make an end knot. Cut off the excess thread. Your felt Christmas decoration is ready to be hung!
Small Christmas pendant light to make yourself from pine cones
In order to create this Christmas decoration in natural materials you need a string of 40 to 50 cm, some larger pine cones, several sprigs of fir, a thicker cardboard circle and artificial plastic berries. Arrange the pine cones, fir sprigs and berries in a circle on the piece of cardboard and stabilize with hot glue. Secure the string to the bottom of the box so that you can hang the hanger.
Christmas decoration to hang to make yourself with socks
Even if you don't have a fireplace, there is always a place where you can hang your Christmas socks. A window sill, for example, is a good option and the result is always spectacular. So, if you have skillful hands, use old sweaters to sew the best seals for gifts. If not, make a garland from the bottom with holes. Besides, you can even add some pretty accessories such as wooden hearts or stars and ribbons. Don't forget the awesome DIY gift tags.
Hanging lamp with flowers to make for Christmas
Aluminum wire adjusted in wreath, string, satin ribbons, felt, twigs, bright flowers or in textile, all these elements represent the base of a pretty pendant lamp that you can place above your festive table and replace the one. traditional centerpiece.
If you are working with artificial flowers, you can easily use a thick circle of vegetable moss as a base. Wrap it in satin ribbon. Then glue large crepe paper, fabric, organza or satin flowers to it.
Finally, you have to hang from the ceiling using string or a transparent cord.
Christmas decoration to hang easy to make with a branch
One idea that works well for achieving a Scandi look is to hang your decorations from a large green branch. Such a splendid decoration shows how the natural bark and textures of the wood can create interest and sublimate the beauty of the festive table.
Once you've found a branch of a suitable size, secure it to the ceiling with a few hooks. Then, hang your ornaments in the greenery. This simple and natural arrangement looks great in a smaller space or above a console table.
After a short time, your pendant light will form this beautiful, relaxed shape. If you find that it hangs down like a hammock, an extra length of string running between the two ends to form a triangle should keep it facing forward.
Instead of classic fir ornaments, you are free to spruce up your branch with small vases full of tiny sprigs of berries or winter flowers. Red berries are festive, while bold flowers like hellebores would look very chic.
Lately, you can also tie brown envelopes with string or duct tape to get a different version of an Advent calendar. One thing is certain - your Nordic-style Christmas decoration made from a branch will make a difference and will delight everyone.
Christmas decoration to hang original and ultra colorful to make
Image credit: houseandgarden.co.uk
For those who love colorful kitsch decoration, Christmas is the time to go wild. Brightly colored paper chains, pom poms and paper flowers ensure your good mood during the festive dinner. Paint two metal hoops, hang them from the ceiling with string, and adorn them with paper chains. Paper flowers can be tied with twists of florist wire and will usefully conceal knuckles and ties.
Simple decoration to make yourself and hang for Christmas
These embroidery hoop "balls" certainly give an instant injection of color and cheerfulness to the interior. These decorations are in fact made by clamping colored paper or fabric between the rings of the hoop. Once the paper or fabric is in place, tape a length of tape to the back of the hoop and hang from the ceiling or wall.
DIY star cascade Christmas pendant light
Image credit: houseandgarden.co.uk
There is something very touching about a cascade of stars, the charm lies in the arrangement and in the shades of white on white. Made of papier-mâché or plastic, the stars should be dipped in paint and hung to dry. When dry, thread them on different lengths of transparent wire and hang them above the table.
Christmas decoration to hang to create with test tubes
Test tubes are an unexpected container for winter flowers and foliage. The six-pointed plywood star is dotted with 1.5cm holes for placing the glass containers. A silver wire is attached to each point of the star and the test tubes do not contain liquid so as not to give excess weight. Finally, you can spray the entire arrangement with artificial snow spray.
DIY lace Christmas pendant light
Image credit: houseandgarden.co.uk
This delicate table decoration is inspired by the boho chic style. While this one looks casual and informal, you can go for a more polished and regulated look with stiffer lace. Cut the lace straight into strips or sometimes follow its pattern to form zigzags or scallops. Take some metal hoops and cover them with duct tape to make them white, secure the lace around the outside with strong glue.
Christmas decoration idea to make yourself in string and cork
Image credit: closeronline.co.uk