Table of contents:
Video: DIY Christmas Angel - 7 Creative Ideas To Decorate The Tree
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 09:49
The festive mood is already knocking on the door with enthusiasm for Christmas decorations, solemn dinner and beautifully wrapped gifts. Without a doubt, the pearl of the decor is the graceful Christmas tree. If you have already chosen the theme and the colors for the tree toys, all you have to do is get them or why not make them yourself. Against this background, we have selected some great DIY projects to add some sparkle to your interior and enhance the party mood. Make a unique Christmas angel as a symbol of the end of year celebrations and have fun!
How to make a tender and elegant Christmas angel to polish the tree?
For centuries, the role of angels has been well defined: guardians, messengers, warriors. Indeed, Christmas is a good occasion to invite these spiritual creatures to your home. They will certainly have a splendid and heavenly appearance hanging from the branches of the ornate tree. Probably, it is difficult for you to imagine that an angel could be made of materials like corks, pine cones, pasta, woolen threads, felt, etc. So, we will prove to you that a decorative object of recovery can be even more impressive than the figurines in porcelain or in glass. Try our tutorials to reassure yourself!
DIY angel tree ornament from badminton shuttlecocks and ping pong ball
- 2 plastic badminton shuttlecocks
- 1 soft plastic ping pong ball
- 1 key ring
- eye screw
- jute yarn for hair
- hot glue gun
- paint and brush
1. First, punch a hole in the ping pong ball that you have already painted in the desired color. The slot should be large enough to fit snugly over the tip of the badminton shuttlecock. Then, hot glue the two parts together. The wings are to be cut from a second flywheel and then hot glued to the body of the angel.
2. Second, glue a small piece of tape so that it covers the neck line. The hair is to be created from thread. If you want to change the hue of the jute yarn, just soak it in a cup containing a mixture of water and paint (red paint for red hair, black paint for black hair, etc.) and leave to dry. The hair is also hot stick. Be creative with the hairstyle!
3. Third, paint the keychain ring and eye screw with gold paint. Glue the ring to the hair and screw the screw into the top of the head. Draw the facial features. If you want, use glitter spray to add sparkle.
4. Finally, pass a longer piece of ribbon through the eye of the screw to hang your Christmas angel ornament.
Christmas angel made of wooden clothespin, pipe cleaner and ribbon
- round head wooden clothespins
- white ruffle ribbon
- white and silver ribbon
- silver colored pipe cleaner
- low temperature hot glue gun
- acrylic paint
- paint brushes
- ironing bead
- silver elastic cord
1. Use the hot glue gun to attach the ruffle tape to the wooden clothespin. Roll the fabric up to the “neck” of the clothespin.
Tip: If you want to paint the “skin” of your angel figurine, you have to do it before you glue the ribbon dress on.
2. Draw the eyes, lips and hair.
3. Shape a small piece of silver pipe cleaner into a crown. Glue it to the top of the head with hot glue.
4. Glue a hama bead to the back of the angel's head like a bun.
5. Next, cut two 10cm lengths of white and silver ribbon. Fold the ribbons, then secure the ends with a small dot of hot glue to make wings for the ornament. Glue the wings to the back.
6. Finally, cut 20 cm of silver elastic cord. Tie it in a loop, then secure it to the back of the angel ornament with a drop of hot glue. Now your beautiful decoration is ready to hang on the Christmas tree!
How to make a Christmas angel out of wooden sticks and knitting yarn?
- white and yellow knitting yarn
- giant wooden craft sticks
- wide eyes
- hot glue
- black marker
How to proceed ?
1. First, glue two craft sticks together in an "X" shape. Then wrap the sticks with white thread, working your way down and up until the sticks are almost all covered.
2. Second, wrap another stick in white yarn, leaving part of the top uncovered. Draw a face with the black marker, adhere the eyes and add hair made from yellow yarn.
3. To finish your Christmas angel ornament, glue the body and wings together using a generous amount of hot glue and applying pressure until the figurine dries and cools completely. Similarly, glue a loop of thread to the back of the angel so that you can hang on the Christmas tree.
Christmas decoration angel in cork
- cork wine stopper
- 2.5 cm wooden ball with flat bottom
- eye screw
- jute twine for hanging
- musical score sheet
- golden pipe cleaner
- craft glue
- hot glue and glue gun
How to do ?
1. Use the drill to make a hole in the top of the wooden ball. Thread the screw into the hole so you can hang the ornament accordingly.
2. Use craft glue and attach the flat bottom side of the wooden ball to the cork stopper to form the body and head. Let sit to dry.
3. Cut a piece of pipe cleaner about 10 cm long. Wrap it around the cork to create a circle shape, overlapping the ends. Twist the ends together to create a sort of crown. Secure it to the back of the head with hot glue. Set aside.
4. Make the wings out of sheet music. Cut off the white edges, they will not be useful to you. Use the other part of the paper to cut out a 3-inch x 10-inch piece of paper. Fold the paper along the short edge in a zigzag / fan pattern. Add a dot of hot glue to the center of the wings and press firmly to secure. Repeat the process on the other side to keep it arched. Use hot glue to attach the wings to the back of the cap.
5. Cut a piece of jute string and tie it in a knot on the screw to hang your ornament on the tree.
Make an angel for the Christmas tree using a pine cone and a chestnut
- pine cone
- maple seeds
- silver pipe cleaner
- hot glue gun
1. Use the hot glue gun to attach a chestnut to a pine cone. Also attach 2 maple seeds to each side of the pine cone, arranging them upward to create wings.
2. Draw the facial features using a very fine brush.
3. Finally, fold a small piece of silver pipe cleaner and shape it into a halo. Attach it to the back of the angel's head with hot glue.
DIY wooden spoon Christmas angel
- wooden craft spoon
- white foam sheet
- 12 cm round paper doily
- thread (color of your choice)
- golden pipe cleaner
- fine point black marker
- hot glue gun
- craft glue
1. In the first place, fold your doily in half and then, cut two quarters to make the angel wings.
2. Cut out a white dress from foam sheet, along with a few strands of hair yarn. Also cut a section of your pipe cleaner to form a halo. Fold the ends to create a circle and wrap them around each other to secure.
3. Heat your hot glue gun. Use your fine-tipped black marker to draw eyes, a nose, and a mouth on the back of the wooden spoon.
4. Hot glue the threads to the top of the hair spoon. Then glue the white dress and the wings. Finally, use your hot glue gun to adhere the halo behind the angel's face.
5. Finally, hot glue a ribbon on the angel's back so you can hang it on your Christmas tree.
Origami angel - tutorial
You will need a 15 x 15 cm sheet of paper and a 20 cm long satin cord. For the head of the angel, a wooden or plastic bead 2.5 cm in diameter will do. You will also need scissors and glue.
1. First, fold the sheet accordion with a small gap of 1cm.
2. Then, thread the satin cord through the hole in the decorative bead so that it stays in the middle. Tie a tight knot around the end of the folded paper, leaving about 0.5 cm apart. Slide the bead to get as close as possible to the paper. Then cut off the excess leaf that remains behind the angel's head.
3. Finally, cut the paper to form the wings as shown in the photo. If you wish, add other decorative elements.
Sources: Angel made of badminton shuttlecocks and ping pong ball - hometalk.com
Angel made of wooden clothespin, pipe cleaner and ribbon - firefliesandmudpies.com
Christmas angel made of wooden sticks and knitting yarn - messylittlemonster.com
Cork Stopper Angel - growingupgabel.com
Pine cone and chestnut angel - firefliesandmudpies.com
Christmas angel in wooden spoon - iheartcraftythings.com
This year, be original and give your loved ones the magic of the holidays hidden in a greeting card with a Christmas angel made by yourself
How to make an original Christmas tree? Discover our Christmas tree making ideas and instructions and get started with Christmas crafts
Sometimes in the garden, when a tree dies, an artistic decoration is born. Let's explore the unsuspected decorative potential of a stump of ' dead tree has to offer us
This year, why not adopt an original Christmas tree, as an alternative to the classic coniferous tree? Discover our 50 original trees
How to decorate Christmas balls made of polystyrene or plastic? Discover our ideas and get inspired for the next Christmas ball decoration