Table of contents:
- The mask chain and the mask holder neck strap: must-have fashion accessories combining protection and style
- How to make a chain of fancy beads for a protective mask?
Video: Chain For Mask And Neck Strap To Make Yourself
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 21:10
Since a mask is compulsory, this protective device will probably stay on your face for long hours. Washing your hands thoroughly before and after putting on and replacing your mask is essential to avoid touching your face with potentially contaminated hands. Indispensable, yes, but not always comfortable, the mask falls off or breaks or you tend to forget it all over the place … To make it more stylish while remaining protected, a new accessory is emerging: the mask holder. The mask chain, like the mask holder neck strap, allows you to place the protective device away from your face when you no longer need it, avoiding too frequent handling.
The mask chain and the mask holder neck strap: must-have fashion accessories combining protection and style
Wearing a boring cloth mask every day is a big constraint for everyone who likes to be creative with their outfits. Decidedly, this protective device is able to spoil all the aesthetics of a look developed down to the last detail. But by accessorizing the fabric masks, you are offering yourself a real fashion accessory that will only highlight your outfit and boost your self-confidence. And here the question arises as to whether you can customize a mask chain so that it fits you perfectly? The answer is yes ! Even if DIY is not your strength, you can easily make a pretty chain or a mask holder. We explain everything to you in this article.
What are the advantages of a mask chain?
Intended for glasses, the chain and cord are now attached to fashionable protective masks. In fabric, beads or links, these accessories are available in different versions and offer a multitude of advantages.
• First of all, you forget the misplaced or crumpled masks lying in the back of your pocket or purse. It is very convenient from an aesthetic point of view. What is particularly useful is the hygienic side of the accessory because to remove your mask, you don't have to touch it. Just remove the rubber bands from your ears, being careful not to touch the front of the mask. No need to constantly search for your mask before going out, entering the metro or a store.
• Second, the mask chain is a fashion accessory in its own right which can add a touch of glam to your look. There is something for everyone: gold or silver chains, pearls, pompoms, fabric, crochet etc. And this fashion does not seem to be about to fade away. Quite the contrary: small designers and well-known brands are constantly reinventing the glasses chain to make it a must-have mask accessory to shop urgently.
• Plus, making a DIY mask chain is a super easy project that even those new to DIY can achieve. Depending on individual desires, we can experiment with different materials to create a more or less unusual accessory. You can even sew a cord using the same fabric as the mask itself. And in order not to spend too much on this project, you can be tricky by recycling your glasses chains or cords. And in order to attach the chain to your mask, it is necessary that it has clips or hooks.
• Did you hear it? The mask scarf turned out to be a great DIY gift idea. After the craze for it, it is the turn of another accessory to appear on the front of the stage: the chain for masks. Practical, original and customizable, this state-of-the-art mask holder is all the rage at the moment, both in the street and on social networks.
How to make a chain of fancy beads for a protective mask?
Costume jewelry never loses its originality! In addition to being very easy to do, they are suitable for different styles of clothing and (almost) any age. Take advantage of the versatile side of novelty accessories by drawing inspiration for your DIY mask chain. Depending on the beads chosen, you can create an original mask holder adapted to your favorite outfits. To create a beautiful harmony, choose pearls and charms matching your mask.
As for how to make the above fancy bead chain, there is nothing complicated. You must obtain seed beads, glass or wood, suitable thread and a pair of hook-type eyeglass clasps. Thread the beads onto the thread, then secure the hooks in both ends and you're done. Be creative by choosing multicolored beads and different shapes, such as flowers, suns, letters etc.
A beaded chain for DIY protective mask
If you have already made a protective mask for your child, why not get started with crafting an original mask holder accessory? All you need is a small handful of brightly colored round plastic beads and two snap hooks for a necklace. One thing to remember: the more colorful, the better!
A mask-holder neck strap: a great idea for little girls
If you have a little girl, a neck mask cord would probably be more practical than a chain. Of course, this does not mean to neglect the design of the accessory! Equip yourself with pretty white and transparent pearls as well as suitable slip-on figures in pastel colors. Thread everything on the chosen cord, then attach two snap hooks in the ends. Finally, all you have to do is hook the neck strap to your mask.
A beaded mask holder to make yourself
Making a beaded choker for hanging a protective mask is a simple and practical project. The accessory can be personalized according to personal wishes (length of the cord, colors of the pearls, type of clasp etc.). Very original, the accessory makes a perfect gift for the school teacher or for a friend who wears glasses.
To make this original fashion accessory, here are the necessary materials to get: black cord, colored wooden beads, 1 swivel snap hook and separable plastic safety clasps. First, tie the lined cord around the snap hook. Therefore, thread the wooden beads over the doubled cord and thread both ends through the separable safety clasps and finish with knots. Here !
A mask holder neck strap fitted with an attached clip
The following idea is also suitable for children. This involves making a neck strap for a mask equipped with an attached clip. Cut a woven ribbon in the necessary length. Using a little hot glue (or a needle and a bit of sewing thread) secure the two ends of the ribbon by passing them first through the slit of each clip. Your mask accessory is already ready!
A mask holder accessory in DIY (faux) leather straps
Undeniably modern and elegant, a DIY leather strap mask holder will turn heads! Its elaborate design should not fool you: this accessory is very easy to make. Our advice: to take care of the chic and minimalist look, prefer to use press studs to rivet, either with a metallic finish, or in the color of the leather used.
Photo credit: seekatesew.com
Much more than a fashion accessory, the mask chain is an essential element in everyday life. This new trend of social networks has already taken hold of street fashion, making fashionistas around the world to show creativity and originality. The DIY models are available to infinity to adapt to any style of dress, any outfit and any mood. Small or large-format link chains, long necklaces decorated with pearls or stones, braided or woven cords, ribbons and many more: there are many designs. As is or personalized, the mask holder accessories have made the mask a more original and really cool protective device.
* Sources: Fancy Bead Chain: honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-sunglass-mask-chain
Beaded chain for little girl: kidsactivitiesblog.com/146893/personalized-mask-chains
Mask holder neck warmer for women, little girls and little boys: carasupply.com/blogs/carablog/tutorial-facemask-lanyards
Tartan-print mask holder neck warmer: trashtocouture.com/2020/08/diy-face-mask-lanyard-and-accessories.html