Table of contents:
Video: Homemade Black Point Mask: Effective Recipes To Test
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 09:49
Blackheads are one of the most stubborn skin imperfections. Very annoying, sometimes even nightmarish, they appear on the nose, chin and forehead… and always come back. Embedded under the epidermis, these small, dark, unsightly pimples are visible to the naked eye and form small, hard bumps on the surface of the skin that you can feel on your fingers. Desperate, you wonder what to do to eliminate blackheads? Do not panic, it is possible to overcome it thanks to a suitable homemade black point mask!
What is a black dot and why does it appear?
Blackheads, also called comedones, are the result of blocked pores. To put it simply, the sebum trapped in the pores mixes with the dead skin cells and the bacteria present there. Everything gradually accumulates by creating a plug. Exposure to air oxidizes the inside of the pore, creating a dark spot.
The appearance of blackheads depends on different factors, among which the nature of the skin is of major importance.
• Oily or combination skin is more affected by comedones. This is because the excess sebum that is not evacuated ends up clogging the pores and promotes the appearance of blackheads.
• Hormonal variations are also a very common cause. Hormones, especially testosterone, can exert a decisive influence on the activity of the sebaceous glands. This can, therefore, cause the formation of blackheads and other skin imperfections.
• Skin hygiene is essential! Scrub regularly to remove dead cells. Apply a homemade blackhead mask to control excess sebum and cleanse the pores. Never go to bed without makeup removed. Change your pillowcase regularly. Keep your phone clean to avoid transferring bacteria to your skin. Avoid touching your face during the day.
• Do not use unsuitable cosmetic products. Prefer gentle cosmetics and products labeled "non-comedogenic". Bet on peels based on fruit acids because they exfoliate dead cells without irritating the skin on the surface and promote the elimination of blackheads.
Our selection of homemade black point masks for zero blemish skin
Mask with egg white and lemon juice
• A mild natural astringent, egg white tones the skin and reduces pore size.
• Lemon juice, on the other hand, is an effective skin lightening agent that also helps tighten pores and gently exfoliate the skin.
To prepare a homemade blackhead mask, you need 1 egg white and 1 tbsp. of lemon juice. It is also recommended to use a face mask brush.
Mix the egg white and lemon juice and apply the mixture to your face using a brush, avoiding the eyes and eyebrows. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water, then apply a moisturizer. To be done once a week.
Anti blackhead mask with honey and cinnamon
• Honey and cinnamon have beneficial antibacterial properties to treat acne and skin affected by different imperfections such as large pores, blackheads etc.
• The astringent nature of cinnamon helps reduce impurities and shrink pores, while leaving skin smooth and clear.
To prepare this anti blackhead mask, you will need: 1 tsp. of cinnamon and 3 tbsp. of honey.
In a small ramekin, mix the cinnamon and honey. Stir until you get a thick paste. Apply it on the face, focusing on the areas to be treated. Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Apply the mask every other day for two weeks and your skin condition will change.
Homemade black point mask with mint, lemon and gelatin
• Effective in lightening age spots, lemon juice illuminates and tones the skin.
• The antibacterial properties of mint help to soothe the skin and remove dead cells.
• Rich in collagen, gelatin revitalizes the skin and helps tighten pores and eliminate blackheads.
You will need: 1 handful of mint leaves, 1 tsp. powdered gelatin and 1 tbsp. lemon juice
Boil the mint leaves in a small amount of water. Let cool. Heat a third of a cup of water in the microwave for 15 seconds. Add the gelatin to the lukewarm water and stir until all the lumps are gone. In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, mint (leaves + water) and gelatin. Apply the mask all over the face and leave on until completely dry. Afterwards, carefully peel off and rinse your face with lukewarm water. This mask can be done once a week.
Homemade anti blackhead mask with honey and baking soda
• Baking soda acts as a gentle skin exfoliant that removes dead cells, removes excess fat, and balances skin pH.
• Honey leaves the skin soft, soothed and regenerated.
You will need: 2 tsp. baking soda, 2 tbsp. honey and 1 face mask brush
Mix the baking soda and honey and apply the preparation to the face using the brush. Leave on for a maximum of 15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. This anti blackhead mask can be done once a week.
Anti imperfection mask with rhassoul clay
Thanks to its ability to absorb sebum and dirt, rhassoul clay is a valuable ingredient to apply to the skin. Here is a homemade blackhead mask that would also help unclog pores and exfoliate dead skin.
You will need: 1 tsp. teaspoon of rhassoul clay and a small amount of rose water (water also works, just like aloe vera)
Mix the ingredients. Stir until you get a paste. You can apply it to the face by rubbing it or allowing it to dry for up to fifteen minutes before rinsing. This mask is perfect for problematic skin as it can help treat acne and eczema.
Blackhead mask with green tea and aloe vera
• Rich in antioxidants and astringent agents, green tea is very effective in purifying and sanitizing the skin and preserving skin youth. A great ally for oily and combination skin, it tightens dilated pores and restores radiance.
• Aloe vera gel has incredible soothing and hydrating properties for the skin.
Ingredients: 1 tsp. aloe vera gel + ¼ cup green tea
Steep green tea in hot water, then let it cool. Mix green tea and aloe vera gel, you should get a liquid paste. Apply the mask all over the face using a cotton pad and leave on for 20 minutes before rinsing off with cold water. This mask is to be done 1-2 times a week.
Gourmet mask to cleanse pores
• Rich in vitamins and minerals, oats are a perfect cereal for exfoliating dead skin cells. Oatmeal absorbs excess sebum and is an essential ingredient in masks for oily skin.
• Yogurt is perfectly suited to an oily face. Thanks to the lactose and the amino acids it contains, it preserves the softness of the epidermis. Its great advantage lies in its ability to regulate excess sebum, tighten enlarged pores and fight against blackheads.
Ingredients: 2 tbsp. of oatmeal, 1 tbsp. of yogurt, 1 tbsp. lemon juice
Soak the oatmeal in the yogurt until it softens. Then add the lemon juice and stir. Apply the mask to the face and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water. Use twice a week.
Activated charcoal mask to take off
• Activated charcoal is a very popular ingredient in cosmetics. Incredibly effective in fighting pore clogging and the growth of bacteria. Particularly absorbent, it wicks up excess sebum and deeply cleanses the pores. Thanks to its antioxidant properties, charcoal fights against skin aging and acts as a barrier to free radicals.
• The essential oil of tea tree helps you to treat oily and acne skin or relieve herpes. Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, this oil is perfect to use in homemade masks or as a serum to apply at night.
You will need: 1 tsp. gelatin, ½ tsp. tablespoons of activated charcoal, a little water, a few drops of tea tree essential oil.
Combine gelatin and activated charcoal in a small ramekin. Add lukewarm water and stir to obtain a thick paste. Put a few drops of tea tree essential oil in it and stir. Apply a thick layer of the mask to a clean, dry face, avoiding the eyes. Let dry completely, about 25 minutes. Wipe with a soft cloth dipped in lukewarm water to remove any traces of the mask from the skin. Rinse your face and apply a suitable moisturizer.
From a dull complexion to a radiant complexion, there is only one step - DIY beauty treatment! So here are 9 homemade face mask recipes to try
No more beauty tips reserved only for ladies! Men's face cream, oil or mask, trendy men know the way to look good
The homemade concealer mask is a natural and effective way to fight this sign of eye strain. Discover our 7 recipes to concoct at home
A homemade mouthwash is a great natural alternative to complement your dental hygiene routine. Discover our recipes and useful tips
During this period of confinement, pamper your curly mane with a super easy to make homemade curly hair mask