Table of contents:
Video: Centerpiece With Poinsettia - A Fascinating Christmas Decoration
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 09:49
One of the easiest ways to fill your home with joy and a festive mood is to add some quirky decor. While a lot of your decorating energy can naturally go to your fireplace or Christmas tree, a beautiful centerpiece can have an impact just as big. This time, we focus on natural elements and we will show you how to make a centerpiece with Poinsettia! It is therefore no coincidence that this pretty flower is called "the Christmas star". She is always a wonderful accent in themed Christmas decoration that will not go unnoticed. In short, you will see a complete guide + some inspiring photos and videos. Let's go!
Centerpiece with Poinsettia - the star of the festive dinner
How to set the Christmas table is a question we ask ourselves several times each year. When looking for the perfect decoration and colors, we must also think about the Christmas menu. It is not really an easy task! But don't worry, we will help you solve this problem. It only takes you 30 minutes to create a Christmas centerpiece with Poinsettia. You just need to have a few mini plants on hand. This decoration can be easily personalized with any of your favorite embellishments. So the rest is up to you. However, we present you the list with the materials necessary to recreate the centerpiece shown in the photo below.
- Planter or other container
- Potting soil
- Fresh green plants - branches of pine, cedar, cedar or other
- Small pebbles
- Pieces of wood or other natural additions - pine cones, chestnuts, walnuts, etc.
- Christmas ornaments - Christmas balls, twigs covered with fake snow. You can also tie a knot with a ribbon, add wooden slices, cinnamon sticks, string balls, etc.
Step-by-step instructions for a fascinating decor
1. Add a layer of fine soil to the bottom of your container. This layer may vary depending on the depth of your container.
2. Remove the plastic pot from the Poinsettia and place it in the middle of your container. Fill in the soil around the flower.
3. Place 2 or 3 pieces of wood around the pot. You can also make driftwood to give the decor a more elegant air. Play around with the positioning of the sticks until you get the look you like. They are not an indispensable part of this composition, but they add a bit of texture and structure to it.
4. Cut the greenery and place it in the pot around the flower. Play with the angle with which you insert the greenery until it is well placed. Start with the larger pieces, then fill in the empty spaces with the smaller branches. You really can't go wrong. Just arrange your festive arrangement well until you like the look!
5. Place pebbles in areas where soil is still visible. Larger pebbles can also be used to give the greenery a bit of relief.
6. Now is the time to add the small decorations. You can leave the DIY centerpiece more natural by using neutral colors or give it a touch of color with shiny elements in pop color. Don't forget to pair it with the rest of your Christmas decoration. Always follow the same range of shades. At the end, you can complete the ornament with a large ribbon.
7. Perhaps, you already know that Poinsettia maintenance is not always easy. So, to keep it fresh, spray it with a water spray every two or three days.
This centerpiece is easily transportable. So you can always move it to different places in your home.
Christmas centerpiece with a pot of Poinsettia
We find this DIY even easier, because it is not necessary to take the flower out of the pot. Follow the video tutorial, but before that get yourself the following materials:
- Slice of wooden trunk
- Nails (about 11 cm long)
- Red thread (or according to your interior)
- Pine needles
- Decorative wooden stars
- Plastic bag and rubber bands
- Hot glue
- Drill (optional)
Poinsettias wreath for the Christmas table
To make this pretty Poinsettia wreath, you will need:
- Parchment paper
- Straw wreath
- Pine cones, Christmas balls, decorative wooden stars
- Spray glue and gold leaf
- Tools used in this video: hot glue gun, pliers, secateurs
Decorate your candle holder with Christmas stars, some greenery and pine cones
Rustic Christmas Centerpiece with White Poinsettias
A Christmas wreath in traditional colors for the celebration
Luxury decoration for the Christmas table - simple but elegant
You can simply put a flower pot with LED lights around
Decorate the Christmas table with some small Poinsettias in pots
Romantic decoration for the festive Christmas dinner
It's easy to make an original Christmas centerpiece yourself! Discover our ideas and make a home-made Christmas table decoration worthy of the name
For the end of the year celebrations, we rethink the Christmas decoration to sublimate both the interior and the exterior.Which Christmas door decoration to choose?
Discover our gorgeous candle centerpiece ideas that will allow you to bring a magical atmosphere to the Christmas table! Whatever style you are
What do you think of the wooden Christmas decoration? If this idea tempts you, find out how to make a wooden Santa Claus, a tree or any other decorative object
Are you looking for ideas on table decorations for Christmas? Our favorites on the Christmas centerpiece in our selection of inspiring photos