Table of contents:
Video: Homemade Spread: Simple And Delicious Recipes
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 09:49
If you are one of the followers of the 'feast while eating healthy' concept, you have certainly come across our healthy snacks and healthy after school snacks articles that abound with easy, colorful and balanced recipes. Being a foodie at heart, you probably sometimes bake your favorite banana bread that you love to eat with a delicious spread. Has the idea of making homemade spread ever crossed your mind? If the answer is yes, our selection of recipes will interest you.
What versions of the homemade spread?
Preparing your own spread will allow you to avoid unwanted additives (hidden sugars and palm oil among others) which are used without moderation in commercial products. Plus, you'll always have a jar of your favorite spread on hand. Chocolate or fruity, with caramel or praline - to each their own ultra gourmet homemade spread. It is even possible to prepare a spread without lactose or without condensed milk or chocolate. As desired, you can add other ingredients that will make the taste richer and can also give texture and crunch to the mixture. For example, to preserve the semi-liquid state of the spread, you can use milk, single cream, condensed milk as well as hazelnut oil. In order to obtain a more interesting texture, it is possible to integrate chopped hazelnuts, brown sugar, fleur de sel and even matcha tea into the dough.
How to taste the homemade spread?
Once ready, your homemade spread can serve you up to 4 weeks, provided it is kept in the refrigerator. There are many ways to use it to make your preparations more original and rich. For example, you can garnish pancakes, spread a slice of toast or accompany your favorite cake. Add it to your quinoa porridge or garnish a bowl with a smoothie.
This Nutella-style spread is a real game changer
• 2 cups of raw hazelnuts
• ½ cup of raw cashews
• ½ cup of coconut sugar
• 1/3 cup of raw cocoa powder
• ¼ tsp. teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. Spread the hazelnuts and cashews on a baking sheet and toast for 5-10 minutes. Check the cashews after 5 minutes, because they burn more easily.
3. Once cooked, remove the nuts from the oven and let them cool until warm to the touch, about 10 minutes.
4. Put the hazelnuts in a clean cloth and rub them to remove the skins.
5. Place the hazelnuts and cashews in the bowl of your food processor. Add the coconut sugar, raw cocoa and salt. Mix until you get a thick paste. Mix for a long time to get the oil out of the oilseeds. At this point, the dough will have a smooth, homogeneous consistency.
6. Pour the Nutella spread into a clean glass jar. Let cool to room temperature before screwing on the cover.
7. Store in a dark, cool place or in the refrigerator. Consume within 3-4 weeks from the day of manufacture.
Classic hazelnut spread recipe - 3 ingredients
• 2 cups of raw hazelnuts
• 2 tbsp. tablespoon raw cocoa powder
• 2 tbsp. powdered coconut sugar
1. Toast the hazelnuts. Let cool, then rub them between your hands to remove the skins.
2. Place the hazelnuts in the bowl of your food processor and mix until smooth and creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
3. Store the homemade spread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Homemade pistachio spread
• 1 ½ cup shelled pistachios (180 grams)
• 3 tbsp. tablespoon of water
1. It is recommended to peel the pistachios so that the spread has a good green color.
2. Soak the pistachios in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain them and rinse them briefly under cold water. Spread them out on a baking sheet lined with a kitchen towel or paper towel. Rub gently to peel the skins.
3. Place the peeled pistachios in the bowl of your food processor and mix for a few minutes. Add 3 tbsp. water at a time, mixing between each addition.
* Correct the softness by replacing 1 tbsp. tablespoons of water with honey or maple syrup.
* Do not hesitate to flavor the homemade spread according to your tastes by adding vanilla, almond extract etc.
Homemade speculoos spread recipe
• 6 homemade speculoos cookies
• 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
• ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
• 2 tbsp. of evaporated milk
• ¼ tsp. 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Place the cookies in the bowl of your food processor and break them finely.
2. Add the softened butter, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
3. Mix until you get a mixture that looks like peanut butter.
4. Use a spatula to scrape the spread into a glass jar.
5. Store in the refrigerator.
Homemade apple and caramel spread
• 225 g caster sugar
• 100 ml apple juice
• 120 ml heavy cream
• 120 g unsalted butter, cubed
• 1 pinch of sea salt flakes
• ¾ tsp. teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 small pinch of ground nutmeg
1. Put the sugar and apple juice in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan and stir.
2. Put the heat on medium and allow the sugar to dissolve without further stirring.
3. Increase the heat slightly and let the sauce simmer until it begins to caramelize and turn an amber color. It takes about 10-15 minutes.
4. Lower the heat to medium. Add ¼ of the cream to the saucepan and stir. Then add another ¼ and continue to whisk. Finally pour the rest of the cream and stir again.
5. Add the butter cubes in small batches at a time. When the butter is melted, let the caramel cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and add the salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Let cool for 30 minutes before decanting in a glass jar.
7. Once the spread has cooled completely, store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Vegan chocolate and praline spread
• 1 cup of raw almonds
• 1 cup of raw hazelnuts
• 1 cup of cane sugar
• 2 tbsp. tablespoons water
• ½ vanilla bean
• 55 grams of dark chocolate
1. Toast the almonds and hazelnuts in the oven.
2. Let them cool then transfer the hazelnuts to a tea towel and rub lightly to remove the skins.
3. Stir the sugar and water in a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes, until the sugar dissolves and the water begins to boil. Once the water is gone, the sugar will start to caramelize. Don't stir. When the sugar has a nice caramel color, stir in the nuts and vanilla and stir quickly with a wooden spatula, making sure all the nuts are coated with the caramel.
4. Pour the contents of the saucepan onto a baking sheet and let cool completely.
5. Put the pieces of praline in the bowl of your food processor and pulse to crush them. Keep mixing until these turn into a paste, about 5-7 minutes.
6. Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler.
7. In a salad bowl, pour the praline dough and stir in the melted chocolate. Stir with a spoon until combined.
8. Transfer to a clean glass jar and store at room temperature.
9. The spread will thicken a bit as it cools.
* Use as a garnish for porridge, fruit slices, toast and pancakes.
Cinnamon-flavored pumpkin spread
• ¼ cup nut / seed butter
• ½ cup pumpkin puree
• 2 tbsp. maple syrup
• ½ tsp. cinnamon or more
1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth.
2. Pour the spread into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
White chocolate, coconut and mango spread
• 1 ripe mango
• 2 tbsp. coconut flakes
• 250 g white chocolate
1. Cut the mango into cubes. Transfer to the bowl of a blender or food processor and reduce to a smooth puree.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler until it is completely melted.
3. In a bowl, pour the mango puree and melted chocolate and stir. Add the coconut flakes and stir.
4. Leave to cool for at least 1 hour before tasting
* Sources: Vegan chocolate and praline spread: fullofplants.com
Apple Caramel Spread: littlesugarsnaps.com
Pistachio paste: piesandtacos.com
Speculoos spread: simplyscratch.com
How to prepare tea with essential oils with healing properties? What are the best oils to put in an herbal infusion?
For a Valentine's Day party full of surprise, tenderness and passion, do not hesitate to surprise your darling with something chocolatey and succulent, prepared with love! What could be better than a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day to accompany the party? Discover our express recipes
What to serve with grilled meats? If these are the ideas that you are missing, do not worry since the editorial staff of Deavita.fr is always at your side to give you some delicious proposals. So, prepare an amazing barbecue side dish with our superb recipes
Let's break the myth that healthy recipes take a long time and their ingredients are not accessible at all! The following ideas are quick
Jamie Oliver recipes have become famous for their quick and easy preparation, affordable ingredients, and the health benefits they offer