Table of contents:
Video: Macadamia Oil Food - Healthy Recipes
Macadamia oil is often used as a beauty product because of its many benefits. But do you know that it can be used in the kitchen? Yes, you understood well ! Take advantage of edible macadamia oil to make super crispy and delicious pancakes and even savory meals with a nutty taste! It makes your mouth water already, right ?! So we'll help you embrace the new superfood with some tips and of course, some easy recipes. Also find out why food macadamia oil is a must have in the healthy and friendly family meal.
Food macadamia oil - why is everyone so crazy about it?
Put olive oil aside, food macadamia nut oil is making a name for itself. More and more people are turning to this delicious oil with a light nutty and buttery taste to replace olive oil as a universal product in the kitchen. Its popularity is spreading around the world and it is destined to achieve premium status in homes around the world for its wonderful flavor and health benefits.
Macadamia oil has an extremely high monounsaturated fat content of 80-85%. These are good fats that lower cholesterol levels and help the body burn fat more easily. Macadamia oil is also rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids which are perfectly balanced. In its content, you will also find a lot of vitamins and minerals among which are calcium, phosphorus, potassium and sodium.
Macadamia oil and different diets
According to specialists and numerous researches, macadamia nut is recommended for those who prefer the Mediterranean diet. As already noted above, macadamia contains a lot of healthy monounsaturated fat which makes it a great choice for people on a ketogenic diet. Do not forget the vegetarians and vegans who have become more and more numerous in recent years. Macadamia is especially important for people who want to try a dairy-free diet, as it can be easily made into milk, cheese, butter, or cream.
Macadamia nuts are an ideal food for people with diabetes and for people with high blood glucose levels. They are also an ideal companion food to help lower the glycemic index of meals and snacks containing carbohydrates.
How to use this superfood in the kitchen?
One of the most important characteristics of macadamia oil is its high smoke point - between 210 ° C and 234 ° C degrees. This means it's less likely to oxidize when heated, making it the perfect oil for healthy cooking and baking. Here are some ideas on how to use food macadamia oil:
- Prepare a delicious dressing for your salads.
- Macadamia oil also makes a fantastic base for a flavorful marinade.
- Use it for frying as well as for cooking savory or sweet meals.
- Macadamia can easily be substituted for butter in different baking recipes.
Read on to see the best food macadamia oil recipes that we have selected for you.
- 2 cups roasted macadamia nuts
- 2 cups of chickpeas (cooked and drained)
- 2 tbsp. macadamia oil
- 1 C. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. tablespoon of water
- 1 C. chopped garlic
- 10 basil leaves
- salt and pepper
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. There you go, your quick hummus is ready in just a few minutes. You can add it to a salad platter for a night out with friends.
Macadamia matcha muffins with almonds
Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 cups of gluten-free self-rising flour
- ½ cup of vanilla sugar
- ¼ cup of macadamia oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp. powdered matcha
Ingredients for the streusel filling:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ of c. vanilla
- 1 C. macadamia flour
- ¼ cup of almond flour
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 tbsp. macadamia nuts (chopped)
1. Preheat your oven to 190 ° C. Prepare a muffin pan by lining it with paper.
2. Prepare the streusel filling by mixing the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, macadamia flour, almond flour, macadamia pieces and softened butter in a small bowl. Mix well until you get a crumbly mixture.
3. In a larger bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, powdered matcha and vanilla sugar. Break up the lumps in the flour. Using a spatula, incorporate the beaten egg and the almond vegetable milk, then the macadamia oil. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle the streusel filling over each muffin. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown.
Edible macadamia oil sauce for salads
- 3 tbsp. macadamia oil
- 1 ½ tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 C. coffee sugar
- 1 C. 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put all the ingredients in a jar, season with pepper and put the lid on. Shake the jar well until everything is well combined.
Moroccan lamb with macadamia
- ½ cup of macadamia oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 C. sumac
- 1 C. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 x 350 g of lamb back
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine the macadamia oil, garlic and spices in a large dish, add the lamb and coat well.
2. To cook the lamb, heat a grill over medium heat. Remove the lamb from the marinade and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side and 2-3 minutes on the other side, or until cooked to taste. Remove the meat from the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Then cut the lamb into thick slices.