Table of contents:
Video: Coconut Water - Benefits And Dangers For The Body
Today we are going to tell you about coconut water. With its many benefits, this product is becoming more and more used in cooking and cosmetics. It is ideal for vegans and those who prefer exotic flavors. But do we know him well enough? Do we know how to use it correctly? Does coconut water have any contraindications? We will give an overview on all these issues. Read on to find what the experts have found and to educate yourself well before you switch to a face cream or a cake that contains the tropical fruit. And don't forget that each product can be beneficial for your health and can boost your immune system if consumed in moderation.
Coconut water: is it really the elixir of life?
Coconut water is an organic product rich in nutrients and vitamins. It contains vitamin C which is responsible for the synthesis of collagen. It also contains vitamins A and K and it is also an excellent source of B complex vitamins. All of these antioxidants are an essential building block as they help eliminate toxins from the body. In addition to protein and iron, coconut water has a high content of potassium which promotes hydration balance and calcium which promotes skin growth.
The benefits of coconut water for the body
Just like coconut oil, coconut water has many health benefits. These are its main uses:
- Coconut water forms naturally in the fruit and contains 94% water and very little fat. It is a 100% organic product that can encourage people to cut down on sugar and drink more water. This is because of its sweet taste and specific aroma.
- When there are too many free radicals in the body, the body enters a state of oxidative stress which can damage cells and increase the risk of disease. Research on animals exposed to toxins has shown that coconut water contains antioxidants that modify free radicals so that they no longer cause damage.
- It is important to drink enough fluids to prevent kidney stones. While plain water is a great choice, research suggests coconut water could be even better.
- One glass per day of this miraculous liquid can be very helpful in controlling blood pressure. In a small study of people with hypertension, coconut water improved systolic blood pressure in 71% of participants. What's more, an animal study found that it has anti-thrombotic activity, which means it can prevent blood clots from forming.
- Coconut water can be the perfect drink to restore hydration and replenish electrolytes lost during exercise.
The benefits for the skin
Coconut water can help you fight acne. Dermatologists explain that it acts as an anti-inflammatory, a detoxifier and an antimicrobial. All of these help to reduce the incidence of acne. In addition, the liquid in the nuts can decrease the excess sebum on the skin, which respectively reduces the breakouts.
Coconut water has anti-aging properties. The vitamins it contains decrease the rate of aging of the skin, allowing it to restore itself more effectively. The proteins (cytokines) present are responsible for encouraging the growth and activation of cells. In addition, the presence of vitamin C can protect and repair damage caused by the sun.
When used on the skin, coconut water hydrates well and protects you from the cold as well as the sun. It also has incredible qualities and is very effective as a cleanser. You can therefore prepare yourself a 100% natural homemade makeup remover. Many people have skin problems like dryness, itching, dark circles and fine lines. These can be caused by a lack of proper hydration. In this case, enjoy the benefits of this tropical product, because it hydrates naturally without adding excess oil.
Does the use of this tropical fruit have any contraindications?
Like every product on the market, coconut water is not for everyone. It's the same with coconut vinegar. So, it's not a trend that you have to follow, but a food that should be used according to your needs.
Drinking too much coconut water could cause an increase in blood sugar content. In addition, high levels of potassium (aka hyperkalemia) are very dangerous and can lead to heart problems that will be life threatening. So, inform yourself well before using this fruit and of course, consume it in moderation!