Table of contents:
- What is aquafaba and how do you transform it into a vegan mayonnaise that will delight your taste buds?
Video: Vegan Mayonnaise With Chickpea Water: 3 Easy Recipes
2023 Author: Lynn Laird | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 09:49
If you don't consume animal products, you may be constantly on the lookout for foods that are right for your diet. After we have completed your culinary diary with the methods of preparing vegan spread, milk-free brownie, vegan fast food and many more, we now present you some recipes with aquafaba that will successfully replace the classic mayonnaise to your table. So, how do you make vegan mayonnaise from the liquid of a can of chickpeas? No more waste!
What is aquafaba and how do you transform it into a vegan mayonnaise that will delight your taste buds?
Aquafaba (literally “bean water”) is the liquid in a can of chickpeas. It provides enough protein and starch to help you emulsify a light mayonnaise without eggs. Adding a few whole chickpeas further improves its thickening properties. This creamy substance is completely fat free and soft enough to spread easily on toast.
In addition, you can use aquafaba as a substitute for eggs in recipes for meringue, chocolate mousse, vegan and gluten-free cakes, etc.
Vegetable mayonnaise with chickpea water and vinegar recipe
Creamy and tangy vegan mayo made with aquafaba: 5 minutes, 6 ingredients and 1 bowl required. A delicious plant-based spread, which is perfect for homemade sandwiches and burgers, sauces, dressings and more.
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (the liquid / brine in a can of cooked chickpeas)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons of brown rice syrup (stevia, cane sugar, maple syrup)
- 3/4 - 1 cup sunflower oil (avocado oil, canola oil)
1. Add the aquafaba to a large glass jar along with the ground mustard, sea salt, apple cider vinegar and brown rice syrup. Mix with an immersion blender for best results.
2. Measure the vegetable oil in a measuring cup and pour it into the mixing bowl. Then, using the immersion blender on its highest speed, beat slowly for 1 to 2 minutes, moving the device up and down to incorporate some air towards the bottom of the container. If the preparation seems too runny, add more oil. The more you put in, the creamier and more dense the texture will become.
3. Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, adding more sweetener, vinegar, salt or mustard.
4. Use the vegan mayonnaise immediately or transfer to a sealed container in the refrigerator. Store for up to 2 weeks!
Vegan mayonnaise with aquafaba and lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chickpea juice, plus 12 whole chickpeas
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine the garlic, lemon juice, mustard, chickpea liquid and chickpeas in a large container using an immersion blender on high speed until smooth.
2. With the appliance running, slowly add vegetable oil. A smooth, creamy emulsion should form.
3. Using a spatula, transfer to a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mayonnaise should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Easy recipe for egg-free mayonnaise with cashew nuts
- ¾ cup of raw cashews (90 g)
- ⅓ cup of aquafaba
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of white vinegar
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoon of organic cane sugar, brown rice, agave or maple syrup
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of plain pea protein powder
A high speed mixer is recommended to achieve the creamiest consistency; If using a standard blender, soak the cashews first by placing them in a bowl and covering them with boiling water. Let stand for 1 hour, then drain. Otherwise, replace the nuts with 6 tablespoons of raw cashew butter.
For ingredients for which a range is given, start with the smallest amounts. Mix all components until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides of the container if necessary. Taste and adjust the acid, salt and sweetness.
Use immediately or transfer the vegan mayonnaise to a jar and refrigerate until chilled, 2 to 4 hours.
A method to save your failed aquafaba mayo
What if the mixture does not get a mayonnaise-like consistency?
Pour the ruined preparation into a container and set aside for later. Then add the same ingredient list you started with. Press speed 2 and very slowly add about half of the missed mayonnaise mixture. Blend for about 50 seconds. Repeat the step with the remaining 1/2 mayonnaise mixture.
How to make homemade rose water? Prepare yourself natural cosmetics with rose water following our easy recipes
In the garden or on the beach, you can easily make unique works with a water gun. Get inspired by our easy kid painting ideas
Do you like vegan desserts? If your answer is yes, we have the perfect treat for you: find out how to make vegan carrot cake. We will provide you with three easy recipes that are quick to prepare
For lovers of the tasty dip, we have created an article dedicated to homemade vegan mayonnaise.The 5 quick recipes that you will discover
In order to achieve easy nail decoration, we can already try the water decals for nails which, apart from serving as a super eye-catching accent, give a